Key features and details
- Selective SIRT1 Inhibitor
- CAS Number: 49843-98-3
- Purity: > 97%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameEX-527, SIRT1 Inhibitor
DescriptionSelective SIRT1 Inhibitor
Selective, cell-permeable SIRT1 Inhibitor. (IC50= 98 nM, 19.6, 48.7 and > 100 µM for SIRT1, SIRT2, SIRT3, HDAC and NADase respectively). Shows no effect at other HDACs or SIRTs. Enhances p53 acetylation in response to DNA damaging agents.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class III / Sir2 class
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141506 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang J et al. N1-Methylnicotinamide Improves Hepatic Insulin Sensitivity via Activation of SIRT1 and Inhibition of FOXO1 Acetylation. J Diabetes Res 2020:1080152 (2020). PubMed: 32280711
- Wu Y et al. Suppression of sirtuin 1 alleviates airway inflammation through mTOR-mediated autophagy. Mol Med Rep 22:2219-2226 (2020). PubMed: 32705226
- Liu SP et al. Secukinumab attenuates reactive astrogliosis via IL-17RA/(C/EBPß)/SIRT1 pathway in a rat model of germinal matrix hemorrhage. CNS Neurosci Ther N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31020769