Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameF-actin Staining Kit - Blue Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
F-actin Staining Kit - Blue Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab112124) fluorescence imaging kits are a set of fluorescence imaging tools for labeling sub-cellular organelles such as lysosomes, mitochondria, and actin filaments. The selective staining of cell compartments provides a powerful method for studying cellular events in a spatial and temporal context.
ab112124 is designed to stain F-actins in fixed cells with blue fluorescence. The kit uses a blue fluorescent phalloidin conjugate that is selectively bound to F-actins. The phalloidin conjugate has Ex/Em = 350/450 nm, compatible with DAPI filter set that comes with most of fluorescence microscopes. It is a high-affinity probe for labeling, identifying and quantitating F-actins in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. ab112124 provides all the essential components with an optimized labeling protocol.
Store ab112124 desiccated.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests Blue Fluorescent Phalloidin Conjugate 1 vial Labeling Buffer 1 x 50ml
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Image: Courtesy of Dr. Shaohua Li, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Sample: mouse embryonic stem cell-differentiated embryoid bodies (EBs)
- Fix in 3%PFA in PBS for 30 min at RT
- Incubate in 7.5% sucrose-PBS for 3h at RT
- Incubate in 15% sucrose-PBS at 4 degree Celsius overnight
- Embed the EBs in tissue-Tek OCT compound
- Cut frozen sections to 4-20 µm thickness
Primary antibody: Rabbit anti laminin alpha 1, 1:400
Secondary antibody: Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (Cy5®) (ab97077), 1:100
F-actin was stained with CytoPainter blue (ab112124), 1:100
Nuclei were counterstained with SYTO 16
CytoPainter F-actin Labelling Kit - Blue Fluorescence (ab112124) - CPA cells were fixed with 4.0% formaldehyde in a Costar black 96-well plate.
Left panel: Cells were labelled with CytoPainter F-actin Labelling Kit - Blue for 30 minutes. Right panel: Cells were pre-treated for 10 minutes with phalloidin, prior staining with CytoPainter F-actin Labelling Kit - Blue for 30 minutes.
ab112124 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhang J et al. SNCG promotes the progression and metastasis of high-grade serous ovarian cancer via targeting the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:79 (2020). PubMed: 32381034
- Oliver-Gelabert A et al. Automatic Quantification of Cardiomyocyte Dimensions and Connexin 43 Lateralization in Fluorescence Images. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32957719
- Sánchez FJ et al. Atrial Dyssynchrony Measured by Strain Echocardiography as a Marker of Proarrhythmic Remodeling and Oxidative Stress in Cardiac Surgery Patients. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:8895078 (2020). PubMed: 33456678
- Song Y et al. Epithelial C5aR1 Signaling Enhances Uropathogenic Escherichia coli Adhesion to Human Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Front Immunol 9:949 (2018). PubMed: 29765378