Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameF-actin Staining Kit - Green Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
F-actin Staining Kit - Green Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab112125) fluorescence imaging kits are a set of fluorescence imaging tools for labeling sub-cellular organelles such as lysosomes, mitochondria, and actin filaments. The selective staining of cell compartments provides a powerful method for studying cellular events in a spatial and temporal context.
ab112125 is designed to stain F-actins in fixed cells with green fluorescence. The kit uses a green fluorescent phalloidin conjugate that is selectively bound to F-actins. This green fluorescent phalloidin conjugate is a high-affinity probe for F-actins. When used at nanomolar concentrations, phallotoxins are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantitating F-actins in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments.
ab112125 provides all the essential components with an optimized staining protocol, which is robust requiring minimal hands-on time. It is an excellent tool for preserving the fluorescent images of particular cells. The phalloidin conjugate has spectral properties similar to those of FITC (Ex/Em = 500/520 nm). It can also be used for fluorescence microscope demonstrations using FITC filter (Ex/Em = 490/525 nm).
ab112125 should be stored dessicated.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests Green Fluorescent Phalloidin Conjugate 1 x 50µl Labeling Buffer 1 x 50ml
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
ab112125 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Dashtimoghadam E et al. Microfluidic fabrication of microcarriers with sequential delivery of VEGF and BMP-2 for bone regeneration. Sci Rep 10:11764 (2020). PubMed: 32678204
- Song Y et al. Epithelial C5aR1 Signaling Enhances Uropathogenic Escherichia coli Adhesion to Human Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Front Immunol 9:949 (2018). PubMed: 29765378
- Gong X et al. Expression of ILK in renal stroma is essential for multiple aspects of renal development. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 315:F374-F385 (2018). PubMed: 29638158
- Banni M et al. Assessing the impact of Benzo[a]pyrene on Marine Mussels: Application of a novel targeted low density microarray complementing classical biomarker responses. PLoS One 12:e0178460 (2017). PubMed: 28651000