Product nameF-actin Staining Kit - Red Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
F-actin Staining Kit - Red Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab112127) fluorescence imaging kits are a set of fluorescence imaging tools for labeling sub-cellular organelles such as lysosomes, mitochondria, and actin filaments. The selective staining of cell compartments provides a powerful method for studying cellular events in a spatial and temporal context.
ab112127 is designed to stain F-actins in fixed cells with red fluorescence. The red fluorescent phalloidin conjugate, which is selectively bound to F-actins, is a high-affinity probe for F-actins. The red fluorescent phalloidin conjugate has Ex/Em = 594/610 nm. Used at nanomolar concentrations, phallotoxins can be conveniently used to label, identify and quantitate F-actins in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. The red fluorescent phalloidin conjugate has good thermal and photo stability.
ab112127 provides all the essential components with an optimized labeling protocol. It is an excellent tool for preserving fluorescent images of particular cells, and can also be used for fluorescence microscope demonstrations.
ab112127 should be stored dessicated.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests Labeling Buffer 1 x 50ml Red Fluorescent Phalloidin Conjugate Component A 1 vial
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
F-actin staining (red) in chondrocytes in growth plate cartilage. Mouse femur bone was fixed with 4% PFA for 72 hours, decalcified and cut into 8-10 µm sections in frozen. Tissue was then stained for 60 minutes with ab112127 before a final wash in PBS.
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
HeLa cells were fixed with 4% PFA for 10 minutes, rinsed with PBS and stained for 60 minutes with ab112127 before a final wash in PBS prior to mounting slides.
Images obtained with an Olympus BX61 microscope using a Texas Red filter (595/613nm) - 50ms exposure.
Images of CPA cells fixed with formaldehyde and stained with ab112127 in a black 96-well plate Left image: Cells labeled with 1X Red Fluorescent Phalloidin Conjugate for 30 min only. Right image: Cells treated with phalloidin for 10 min, then stained with Red Fluorescent Phalloidin Conjugate for 30 min.
ab112127 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Moussa HI et al. Limitation in Controlling the Morphology of Mammalian Vero Cells Induced by Cell Division on Asymmetric Tungsten-Silicon Oxide Nanocomposite. Materials (Basel) 13:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31940759
- Zhi Q et al. Podocalyxin-like protein promotes gastric cancer progression through interacting with RUN and FYVE domain containing 1 protein. Cancer Sci 110:118-134 (2019). PubMed: 30407695
- Song Y et al. Epithelial C5aR1 Signaling Enhances Uropathogenic Escherichia coli Adhesion to Human Renal Tubular Epithelial Cells. Front Immunol 9:949 (2018). PubMed: 29765378
- Moussa HI et al. Nanoscale-Textured Tantalum Surfaces for Mammalian Cell Alignment. Micromachines (Basel) 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30424397
- Chen L et al. VIP Regulates Morphology and F-Actin Distribution of Schlemm's Canal in a Chronic Intraocular Pressure Hypertension Model via the VPAC2 Receptor. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 59:2848-2860 (2018). PubMed: 30025111