Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to F-spondin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-F-spondin antibody
See all F-spondin primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to F-spondin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to F-spondin aa 549-807.
This product was previously labelled as SPON1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14271 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 100.9 kDa.|
RelevanceSPON1 is a member of a subgroup of the thrombospondin type 1 (TSR) class molecules, defined by two domains of homology, the FS1/FS2 and TSR domains. The TSRs of SPON1 proteins are typical of class 2 TSRs. SPON1, which is similar to thrombospondin, is a extracellular matrix attached molecule that promotes neurite outgrowth and inhibits angiogenesis. Analysis of gain and loss of function experiments reveal that SPON1 is required for accurate pathfinding of embryonic axons, and plays a dual role in patterning axonal trajectories. It promotes the outgrowth of commissural and inhibits the outgrowth of motor axons, and has also been implicated in inflammatory processes in the nervous system.
Cellular localizationSecreted protein; extracellular space; extracellular matrix.
- F spondin antibody
- SPON 1 antibody
- spondin 1 (f spondin) extracellular matrix protein antibody
ab14271 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Liu B et al. MicroRNA-525 enhances chondrosarcoma malignancy by targeting F-spondin 1. Oncol Lett 17:781-788 (2019). PubMed: 30655830
- Jiao TT et al. Importance of spondin 1 and cellular retinoic acid binding protein 1 in the clinical diagnosis of ovarian cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:3036-41 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24294399
- Clemitson JR et al. Genetic dissection of a blood pressure quantitative trait locus on rat chromosome 1 and gene expression analysis identifies SPON1 as a novel candidate hypertension gene. Circ Res 100:992-9 (2007). PubMed: 17332427