Product nameAnti-F4/80 antibody [BM8] (FITC)
See all F4/80 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [BM8] to F4/80 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
BALB/c macrophages obtained from 14-day-old bone marrow cell cultures.
- Mouse macrophages and spleen cells.
This antibody is the only macrophage marker that is able to distinguish non-destructive from destructive inflammation processes in the pancreas. It is a unique histological marker of the progression from peri-insulitis to beta-cell destruction and diabetes in a mouse diabetes model.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Store at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% Gelatin, 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody is the only macrophage marker that is able to distinguish non-destructive from destructive inflammation processes in the pancreas. It is a unique histological marker of the progression from peri-insulitis to beta-cell destruction and diabetes in a mouse diabetes model.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60343 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19587144|
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
ab18446 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/50. PubMed: 26321909|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionOrphan receptor involved in cell adhesion and probably in cell-cell interactions specifically involving cells of the immune system. May play a role in regulatory T-cells (Treg) development.
Tissue specificityExpression is restricted to eosinophils.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family. Adhesion G-protein coupled receptor (ADGR) subfamily.
Contains 6 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 GPS domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ADGRE1 antibody
- Adhesion G protein coupled receptor E1 antibody
- Adhesion G protein-coupled receptor E1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab60343 stained MEF cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab60343, 1µg/ml, FITC conjugated) overnight at +4°C. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing RAW 264.7 cells stained with ab60343 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab60343, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rat IgG2a [aRTK2758] (ab18450, 2µg/1x106 cells) with secondary antibody DyLight® 488 goat anti-rat IgG (H+L) (ab98386) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a minimal signal in RAW 264.7 cells fixed with methanol (5 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab60343 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Ford AJ et al. Fibroblasts stimulate macrophage migration in interconnected extracellular matrices through tunnel formation and fiber alignment. Biomaterials 209:88-102 (2019). PubMed: 31030083
- Shin SH et al. Fluorine MR Imaging Monitoring of Tumor Inflammation after High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Ablation. Radiology 287:476-484 (2018). PubMed: 29369752
- Yang F et al. IRE1a aggravates ischemia reperfusion injury of fatty liver by regulating phenotypic transformation of kupffer cells. Free Radic Biol Med 124:395-407 (2018). PubMed: 29969718
- Szpunar MJ et al. Sympathetic innervation, norepinephrine content, and norepinephrine turnover in orthotopic and spontaneous models of breast cancer. Brain Behav Immun 53:223-233 (2016). PubMed: 26718447
- Xu Y et al. An M1-like Macrophage Polarization in Decidual Tissue during Spontaneous Preterm Labor That Is Attenuated by Rosiglitazone Treatment. J Immunol 196:2476-2491 (2016). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26889045