Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FABP5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FABP5 antibody
See all FABP5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FABP5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human FABP5.
This product was previously labelled as Fatty Acid Binding Protein 5
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituents: 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.134% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesImmunoaffinity chromatography on a column with immobilized recombinant human FABP5.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
FunctionHigh specificity for fatty acids. Highest affinity for C18 chain length. Decreasing the chain length or introducing double bonds reduces the affinity. May be involved in keratinocyte differentiation.
Tissue specificityKeratinocytes; highly expressed in psoriatic skin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family.
DomainForms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates the hydrophobic ligand in its interior.
- Information by UniProt
- CFABP antibody
- Cutaneous fatty acid binding protein antibody
- DA11 antibody
ab37267 at 1/200 dilution detecting FABP5 in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Goat anti-rabbit HRP was used as secondary antibody.
ab37267 (1µg/mL) staining FABP5 in human oesophagus using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of the cytoplasm and nuclei in stratified squamous epithelium cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab37267 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Vidotto A et al. Differentially expressed proteins in positive versus negative HNSCC lymph nodes. BMC Med Genomics 11:73 (2018). PubMed: 30157864
- Ozaki R et al. Reprogramming of the retinoic acid pathway in decidualizing human endometrial stromal cells. PLoS One 12:e0173035 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28253328
- Zhao G et al. Effect of FABP5 gene silencing on the proliferation, apoptosis and invasion of human gastric SGC-7901 cancer cells. Oncol Lett 14:4772-4778 (2017). PubMed: 29085478
- Zhou N et al. Abscisic-acid-induced cellular apoptosis and differentiation in glioma via the retinoid acid signaling pathway. Int J Cancer 138:1947-58 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26594836
- Buers I et al. TIP47, a lipid cargo protein involved in macrophage triglyceride metabolism. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:767-73 (2009). PubMed: 19286631