Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [GMA-012] to Factor VIII
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Factor VIII antibody [GMA-012]
See all Factor VIII primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [GMA-012] to Factor VIII
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified human Factor VIII
- Human Factor VIII. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal liver.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: 1% Mannitol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.164% Sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 280 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 267 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionFactor VIII, along with calcium and phospholipid, acts as a cofactor for factor IXa when it converts factor X to the activated form, factor Xa.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in F8 are the cause of hemophilia A (HEMA) [MIM:306700]. A disorder of blood coagulation characterized by a permanent tendency to hemorrhage. About 50% of patients have severe hemophilia resulting in frequent spontaneous bleeding into joints, muscles and internal organs. Less severe forms are characterized by bleeding after trauma or surgery. Note=Of particular interest for the understanding of the function of F8 is the category of CRM (cross-reacting material) positive patients (approximately 5%) that have considerable amount of F8 in their plasma (at least 30% of normal), but the protein is non-functional; i.e., the F8 activity is much less than the plasma protein level. CRM-reduced is another category of patients in which the F8C antigen and activity are reduced to approximately the same level. Most mutations are CRM negative, and probably affect the folding and stability of the protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the multicopper oxidase family.
Contains 3 F5/8 type A domains.
Contains 2 F5/8 type C domains.
Contains 6 plastocyanin-like domains.
DomainDomain F5/8 type C 2 is responsible for phospholipid-binding and essential for factor VIII activity.
modificationsSulfation on Tyr-1699 is essential for binding vWF.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- AHF antibody
- Antihemophilic factor antibody
- Coagulation factor VIII antibody
Anti-Factor VIII antibody [GMA-012] (ab78852) at 1 µg/ml + human Factor VIII at 2 µg
Goat anti-mouse HRP conjugated IgG
Predicted band size: 267 kDa
Observed band size: 280 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
IHC image of Factor VIII staining in Human normal liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab78852, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab78852 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Gong X et al. Effect of heme oxygenase 1 and renin/prorenin receptor on oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Exp Ther Med 18:1752-1760 (2019). PubMed: 31410134
- Ye W et al. Anisomycin inhibits angiogenesis in ovarian cancer by attenuating the molecular sponge effect of the lncRNA-Meg3/miR-421/PDGFRA axis. Int J Oncol 55:1296-1312 (2019). PubMed: 31638182
- Yu J et al. Homocysteine inhibits the viability and migration ability of human umbilical vein endothelial cells by downregulating the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor. Exp Ther Med 18:3913-3919 (2019). PubMed: 31641378
- Tian X et al. ß-Caryophyllene protects in vitro neurovascular unit against oxygen-glucose deprivation and re-oxygenation-induced injury. J Neurochem 139:757-768 (2016). PubMed: 27565895