Product nameAnti-FADD antibody [EPR5030]
See all FADD primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5030] to FADD
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the C-terminus of Mouse FADD.
- Mouse kidney tissue; Mouse spleen lysate, Raw264.7 cell lysate and NIH/3T3 cell lysate.
Human, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionApoptotic adaptor molecule that recruits caspase-8 or caspase-10 to the activated Fas (CD95) or TNFR-1 receptors. The resulting aggregate called the death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs caspase-8 proteolytic activation. Active caspase-8 initiates the subsequent cascade of caspases mediating apoptosis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues, except for peripheral blood mononuclear leukocytes.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 DED (death effector) domain.
DomainContains a death domain involved in the binding of the corresponding domain within Fas receptor.
- Information by UniProt
- FADD antibody
- FADD protein antibody
- FADD_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-FADD antibody [EPR5030] (ab124812) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse spleen lysate
Lane 2 : Raw264.7 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab124812, at 1/50 dilution, staining FADD in paraffin-embedded Mouse Kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124812 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang JB et al. A systems pharmacology-oriented discovery of a new therapeutic use of the TCM formula Liuweiwuling for liver failure. Sci Rep 8:5645 (2018). PubMed: 29618826
- Meng H et al. Death-domain dimerization-mediated activation of RIPK1 controls necroptosis and RIPK1-dependent apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:E2001-E2009 (2018). PubMed: 29440439
- Zhang X et al. Dominant Negative FADD/MORT1 Inhibits the Development of Intestinal Intraepithelial Lymphocytes With a Marked Defect on CD8aa+TCR?d+ T Cells. Front Immunol 9:2038 (2018). PubMed: 30250469
- Geng J et al. Regulation of RIPK1 activation by TAK1-mediated phosphorylation dictates apoptosis and necroptosis. Nat Commun 8:359 (2017). PubMed: 28842570
- Wang H et al. PELI1 functions as a dual modulator of necroptosis and apoptosis by regulating ubiquitination of RIPK1 and mRNA levels of c-FLIP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:11944-11949 (2017). PubMed: 29078411
- Bowman BM et al. Phosphorylation of FADD by the kinase CK1a promotes KRASG12D-induced lung cancer. Sci Signal 8:ra9 (2015). PubMed: 25628462
- Jaiswal MK et al. Regulation of apoptosis and innate immune stimuli in inflammation-induced preterm labor. J Immunol 191:5702-13 (2013). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24163412