Product nameAnti-Fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium - Aqueous, Fluoroshield
See all Fluoroshield reagents
DescriptionAnti-Fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium
Anti-Fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135 (previously called Fluoroshield Mounting Medium) is an aqueous mounting medium designed to preserve fluorescence when imaging tissues and cell samples.
The formulation prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, R-Phycoerythrin (R-PE), Phyocyanin (PC), and Allophycocyanin (APC).
Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, R-PE, PC and APC.
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends this product (Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135), Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139, and Mounting Medium with PI ab104129. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with distilled or deionized, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
Seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or Limonene mounting medium ab104141. If a coverslip is not sealed, air bubbles will appear in a few days.
Store the slide in the dark at 2-8°C.
Removal of Coverslip Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deiononized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 4% Proprietary component, 84% Water
Concentration information loading...
This product has been referenced in:
- Dioli C et al. Chronic stress triggers divergent dendritic alterations in immature neurons of the adult hippocampus, depending on their ultimate terminal fields. Transl Psychiatry 9:143 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31028242) »
- Castelucci BG et al. Time-dependent regulation of morphological changes and cartilage differentiation markers in the mouse pubic symphysis during pregnancy and postpartum recovery. PLoS One 13:e0195304 (2018). IHC-Fr . Read more (PubMed: 29621303) »