Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1831Y] to FAK
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-FAK antibody [EP1831Y]
See all FAK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1831Y] to FAK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human FAK aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa, A431 and HEK-293T cell lysate. IHC-P: human tonsil tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
KO cell lines
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 119 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionNon-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase implicated in signaling pathways involved in cell motility, proliferation and apoptosis. Activated by tyrosine-phosphorylation in response to either integrin clustering induced by cell adhesion or antibody cross-linking, or via G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) occupancy by ligands such as bombesin or lysophosphatidic acid, or via LDL receptor occupancy. Microtubule-induced dephosphorylation at Tyr-397 is crucial for the induction of focal adhesion disassembly. Plays a potential role in oncogenic transformations resulting in increased kinase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all organs tested, in lymphoid cell lines, but most abundantly in brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. FAK subfamily.
Contains 1 FERM domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe first Pro-rich domain interacts with the SH3 domain of CRK-associated substrate (BCAR1) and CASL.
The carboxy-terminal region is the site of focal adhesion targeting (FAT) sequence which mediates the localization of FAK1 to focal adhesions.
modificationsPhosphorylated on 6 tyrosine residues upon activation. Microtubule-induced dephosphorylation at Tyr-397 could be catalyzed by PTPN11 and regulated by ZFYVE21. Dephosphorylated by PTPN11 upon EPHA2 activation by its ligand EFNA1.
Cellular localizationCell junction > focal adhesion. Cell membrane. Constituent of focal adhesions.
- Information by UniProt
- FADK 1 antibody
- FADK antibody
- FAK related non kinase polypeptide antibody
All lanes : Anti-FAK antibody [EP1831Y] (ab76496) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Wild-type HEK-293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : PTK2 knockout HEK-293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 119 kDa
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab76496 observed at 119 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245 observed at 37 kDa.
ab76496 was shown to react with FAK in wild-type HEK-293T cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab255421 (knockout cell lysate ab263766) was used. Wild-type and FAK knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab76496 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 500 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human tonsils using 1/100 ab76496
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Anti-FAK antibody [EP1831Y] (ab76496) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labeled goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 119 kDa
ab76496 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Husari A et al. On the relationship of YAP and FAK in hMSCs and osteosarcoma cells: Discrimination of FAK modulation by nuclear YAP depletion or YAP silencing. Cell Signal 63:109382 (2019). PubMed: 31376525
- Cui Y & Yang S Overexpression of Annexin A1 protects against benzo[a]pyrene-induced bronchial epithelium injury. Mol Med Rep 18:349-357 (2018). PubMed: 29749523
- Lu D et al. MicroRNA-146a promote cell migration and invasion in human colorectal cancer via carboxypeptidase M/src-FAK pathway. Oncotarget 8:22674-22684 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28186967
- Goodwin JM et al. An AMPK-independent signaling pathway downstream of the LKB1 tumor suppressor controls Snail1 and metastatic potential. Mol Cell 55:436-50 (2014). PubMed: 25042806