Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [M121] to FAK (phospho Y397)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-FAK (phospho Y397) antibody [M121]
See all FAK primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M121] to FAK (phospho Y397)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human FAK (phospho Y397) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- Untreated HUVEC cells.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24781 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa.
1/500. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa.
FunctionNon-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase implicated in signaling pathways involved in cell motility, proliferation and apoptosis. Activated by tyrosine-phosphorylation in response to either integrin clustering induced by cell adhesion or antibody cross-linking, or via G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) occupancy by ligands such as bombesin or lysophosphatidic acid, or via LDL receptor occupancy. Microtubule-induced dephosphorylation at Tyr-397 is crucial for the induction of focal adhesion disassembly. Plays a potential role in oncogenic transformations resulting in increased kinase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all organs tested, in lymphoid cell lines, but most abundantly in brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. FAK subfamily.
Contains 1 FERM domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe first Pro-rich domain interacts with the SH3 domain of CRK-associated substrate (BCAR1) and CASL.
The carboxy-terminal region is the site of focal adhesion targeting (FAT) sequence which mediates the localization of FAK1 to focal adhesions.
modificationsPhosphorylated on 6 tyrosine residues upon activation. Microtubule-induced dephosphorylation at Tyr-397 could be catalyzed by PTPN11 and regulated by ZFYVE21. Dephosphorylated by PTPN11 upon EPHA2 activation by its ligand EFNA1.
Cellular localizationCell junction > focal adhesion. Cell membrane. Constituent of focal adhesions.
- Information by UniProt
- FADK 1 antibody
- FADK antibody
- FAK related non kinase polypeptide antibody
All lanes : Anti-FAK (phospho Y397) antibody [M121] (ab24781)
Lane 1 : HUVEC untreated cells.
Lane 2 : HUVEC cells treated with alkaline phosphatase
Observed band size: 125 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab24781 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. LIPH promotes metastasis by enriching stem-like cells in triple-negative breast cancer. J Cell Mol Med N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32618099
- Kamarajan P et al. Periodontal pathogens promote cancer aggressivity via TLR/MyD88 triggered activation of Integrin/FAK signaling that is therapeutically reversible by a probiotic bacteriocin. PLoS Pathog 16:e1008881 (2020). PubMed: 33002094
- Garcia-Keller C et al. Relapse-Associated Transient Synaptic Potentiation Requires Integrin-Mediated Activation of Focal Adhesion Kinase and Cofilin in D1-Expressing Neurons. J Neurosci 40:8463-8477 (2020). PubMed: 33051346
- Pucciarelli D et al. Hypoxia increases the heterogeneity of melanoma cell populations and affects the response to vemurafenib. Mol Med Rep 13:3281-8 (2016). PubMed: 26936534
- Babayan AH et al. Integrin dynamics produce a delayed stage of long-term potentiation and memory consolidation. J Neurosci 32:12854-61 (2012). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 22973009