Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FAM38A/PIEZO1
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FAM38A/PIEZO1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FAM38A/PIEZO1
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human FAM38A/PIEZO1 aa 2100-2200 (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
This product was previously labelled as FAM38A
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
FunctionComponent of mechanosensitive channel required for the mechanosensitive currents. Plays a key role in epithelial cell adhesion by maintaining integrin activation through R-Ras recruitment to the ER, most probably in its activated state, and subsequent stimulation of calpain signaling.
Tissue specificityExpressed in numerous tissues. In normal brain, expressed exclusively in neurons, not in astrocytes. In Alzheimer disease brains, expressed in about half of the activated astrocytes located around classical senile plaques. In Parkinson disease substantia nigra, not detected in melanin-containing neurons nor in activated astrocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PIEZO family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DHS antibody
- Fam38a antibody
- Family with sequence similarity 38 member A antibody
ab128245 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang L et al. Mechanical sensing protein PIEZO1 regulates bone homeostasis via osteoblast-osteoclast crosstalk. Nat Commun 11:282 (2020). PubMed: 31941964
- Sun Y et al. The function of Piezo1 in colon cancer metastasis and its potential regulatory mechanism. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 146:1139-1152 (2020). PubMed: 32152662
- Shi R et al. Long noncoding antisense RNA FAM83A-AS1 promotes lung cancer cell progression by increasing FAM83A. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30659636
- Wang YY et al. Piezo1 mediates neuron oxygen-glucose deprivation/reoxygenation injury via Ca2+/calpain signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 513:147-153 (2019). PubMed: 30948157
- Zhang JT et al. Overexpression of Family with Sequence Similarity 83, Member A (FAM83A) Predicts Poor Clinical Outcomes in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Med Sci Monit 25:4264-4272 (2019). PubMed: 31175804
- Hope JM et al. Activation of Piezo1 sensitizes cells to TRAIL-mediated apoptosis through mitochondrial outer membrane permeability. Cell Death Dis 10:837 (2019). PubMed: 31685811
- Lang K et al. Mechanosensitive ion channel Piezo1 is expressed in antral G cells of murine stomach. Cell Tissue Res 371:251-260 (2018). PubMed: 29264643
- Velasco-Estevez M et al. Infection Augments Expression of Mechanosensing Piezo1 Channels in Amyloid Plaque-Reactive Astrocytes. Front Aging Neurosci 10:332 (2018). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 30405400
- Lee W et al. Synergy between Piezo1 and Piezo2 channels confers high-strain mechanosensitivity to articular cartilage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E5114-22 (2014). IHC-P ; Pig . PubMed: 25385580