Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FANCI
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FANCI antibody
See all FANCI primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FANCI
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Bat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 1025 and 1075 of human KIAA1794 (NP_060663.2)
- Whole cell lysates from HeLa and 293T cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74332 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 149 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionRequired for maintenance of chromosomal stability. Involved in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks by homologous recombination and in the repair of DNA cross-links. Participates in S phase and G2 phase checkpoint activation upon DNA damage. Promotes FANCD2 ubiquitination and recruitment to DNA repair sites.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FANCI are a cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group I (FANCI) [MIM:609053]. It is a disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
DomainThe C-terminal 30 residues are probably required for function in DNA repair.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated on Lys-523 during S phase and upon genotoxic stress. Deubiquitinated by USP1 as cells enter G2/M, or once DNA repair is completed. Monoubiquitination requires the FANCA-FANCB-FANCC-FANCE-FANCF-FANCG-FANCM complex. Ubiquitination is required for binding to chromatin, DNA repair, and normal cell cycle progression.
Phosphorylated in response to DNA damage by ATM and/or ATR.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Concentrates in nuclear foci upon genotoxic stress.
- Information by UniProt
- FANCI antibody
- FANCI gene antibody
- FANCI_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-FANCI antibody (ab74332) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole HeLa cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole HeLa cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole HeLa cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole 293T cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 149 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human KIAA1794 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) using ab74332 at 3 µg/mg for IP (Lane 1) and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent WB detection. Lane 2 represents IgG control IP.
ab74332 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Jaber S et al. p53 downregulates the Fanconi anaemia DNA repair pathway. Nat Commun 7:11091 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27033104
- Luebben SW et al. A concomitant loss of dormant origins and FANCC exacerbates genome instability by impairing DNA replication fork progression. Nucleic Acids Res 42:5605-15 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24589582
- Jamsai D et al. Loss of GGN leads to pre-implantation embryonic lethality and compromised male meiotic DNA double strand break repair in the mouse. PLoS One 8:e56955 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23451117
- Luebben SW et al. Helq acts in parallel to Fancc to suppress replication-associated genome instability. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 24005041