Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MY-32] to Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain antibody [MY-32]
See all Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MY-32] to Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rabbit Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain. Purified rabbit muscle myosin.
- Human skeletal muscle
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 18th October 2016. The following lot is from ascites and is still in stock as of 18th October 2016 (GR255796). Lot numbers higher than GR255796 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
May be used for detecting cross striated muscle differentiation in tumors.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from Tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51263 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IQ domain.
Contains 1 myosin head-like domain.
DomainThe rodlike tail sequence is highly repetitive, showing cycles of a 28-residue repeat pattern composed of 4 heptapeptides, characteristic for alpha-helical coiled coils.
Each myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromyosin (LMM) and 1 heavy meromyosin (HMM). It can later be split further into 2 globular subfragments (S1) and 1 rod-shaped subfragment (S2).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > myofibril. Thick filaments of the myofibrils.
- Information by UniProt
- adult 1 antibody
- MYH1 antibody
- MYH1_HUMAN antibody
ab51263 staining Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain in murine abdominal tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab51263 staining Fast Myosin Skeletal Heavy chain in pig skeletal muscle tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citric acid. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in TBS/BSA/azide) for 2 hours at 21°C. A Biotin-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG polyclonal (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab51263 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Liu C et al. Testosterone Deficiency Caused by Castration Modulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis Through the AR/PGC1a/TFAM Pathway. Front Genet 10:505 (2019). PubMed: 31191617
- Colunga T et al. Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Multipotent Vascular Progenitors of the Mesothelium Lineage Have Utility in Tissue Engineering and Repair. Cell Rep 26:2566-2579.e10 (2019). PubMed: 30840882
- La G et al. Proteomics and Transcriptomics Analysis Reveals Clues into the Mechanism of the Beneficial Effect of Electrical Stimulation on Rat Denervated Gastrocnemius Muscle. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:769-786 (2019). PubMed: 30933441
- Ding S et al. The SNPs in myoD gene from normal muscle developing individuals have no effect on muscle mass. BMC Genet 20:72 (2019). PubMed: 31477002
- Zhang LJ et al. Hemorrhagic Shock Sensitized the Diaphragm to Ventilator-Induced Dysfunction through the Activation of IL-6/JAK/STAT Signaling-Mediated Autophagy in Rats. Mediators Inflamm 2019:3738409 (2019). PubMed: 31814800