Product nameAnti-FAT/FAT1 antibody
See all FAT/FAT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FAT/FAT1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog
- HeLa, 293T, Jurkat, NIH 3T3 and TCMK-1 whole cell lysates
This product was previously labelled as FAT
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Tris citrate/phosphate
pH 7 to 8
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190242 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 506 kDa.|
FunctionPlays an essential role for cellular polarization, directed cell migration and modulating cell-cell contact.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many epithelial and some endothelial and smooth muscle cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 33 cadherin domains.
Contains 5 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 laminin G-like domain.
DomainA PTB-like motif (DNXYH sequence) is required for the targeting to the leading edge. This motif represents a minimal protein-protein interaction core motif that is not regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation.
modificationsUndergoes proteolytic cleavage. The extracellular domain is cleaved off and the cytoplasmic domain (about 400 AA) shuttles to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cadherin family member 7 antibody
- Cadherin family member 7 precursor antibody
- Cadherin ME5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-FAT/FAT1 antibody (ab190242) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : TCMK-1 whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 506 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Lahrouchi N et al. Homozygous frameshift mutations in FAT1 cause a syndrome characterized by colobomatous-microphthalmia, ptosis, nephropathy and syndactyly. Nat Commun 10:1180 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30862798) »
- Hu X et al. FAT1 inhibits cell migration and invasion by affecting cellular mechanical properties in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep 39:2136-2146 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29565465) »