Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Fbx32
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Fbx32 antibody
See all Fbx32 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fbx32
SpecificityThis antibody is only batch tested in WB and therefore we can only guarantee it for this application. Customers have successfully used this antibody in IHC and ICC but we have not tested it's performance in these applications. If you would like an antibody that is tested in ICC, we would recommend our recombinant antibody ab168372.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Pig, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide within Human Fbx32 aa 300 to the C-terminus (internal sequence) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- WB: Human, mouse and rat skeletal muscle tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human heart tissue. IHC-Fr: Rat muscle tissue. ICC/IF: Rat astrocyte cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74023 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
FunctionSubstrate recognition component of a (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Probably recognizes and binds to phosphorylated target proteins during skeletal muscle atrophy. Recognizes TERF1.
Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in cardiac and skeletal muscle.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 F-box domain.
- Information by UniProt
- 4833442G10Rik antibody
- AI430017 antibody
- Atrogin 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Fbx32 antibody (ab74023) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330)
Lane 2 : Mouse skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
Additional bands at: 90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 15 minutes
Paraffin-embedded human heart tissue stained for Fbx32 with ab74023 (1/2,000 dilution) in immunohistochemical analysis.
Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, peroxidase blocking, protein blocking and heat mediated antigen retrieval. The secondary antibody was goat anti-rabbit conjugated to HRP. For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
Frozen sectioned rat muscle tissue stained for Fbx32 with ab74023 (1/200 dilution) (green) in immunohistochemical analysis.
Tissue was fixed with 4% PFA overnight. Samples were then blocked with 10% donkey serum for 1 hour at 24°C followed by incubation with ab74023 for 24 hours at 4°C. A pig anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor488® conjugate was used as secondary antibody at a 1/1,000 dilution. Nuclei were stained using the standard Hoesch method and are depicted in blue.
ab74023 staining Fbx32 in cultured rat astrocytes by ICC/IF at a 1/500 dilution (green).
The cultured astrocytes were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% donkey serum for 30 minutes at 24°C. Cells were then stained with ab74023 in 0.3% TritonX with 0.1% PBS and 10% donkey serum for 4.5 hours at 24°C. An Alexa Fluor-488® donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody at 1/1,000 was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained with 1.43µM Hoechst and can be observed in blue. Fbx32 expressed in the newly born astrocytes but does not co-localise with mature astrocytes.
ab74023 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Su J et al. The rat model of COPD skeletal muscle dysfunction induced by progressive cigarette smoke exposure: a pilot study. BMC Pulm Med 20:74 (2020). PubMed: 32293377
- Adhikary S et al. FGF-2 targets sclerostin in bone and myostatin in skeletal muscle to mitigate the deleterious effects of glucocorticoid on musculoskeletal degradation. Life Sci 229:261-276 (2019). PubMed: 31082400
- Ahmad N et al. MicroRNA-672-5p Identified during Weaning Reverses Osteopenia and Sarcopenia in Ovariectomized Mice. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:536-549 (2019). PubMed: 30769134
- Cella PS et al. Creatine supplementation in Walker-256 tumor-bearing rats prevents skeletal muscle atrophy by attenuating systemic inflammation and protein degradation signaling. Eur J Nutr N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30806774
- Li Z et al. LncIRS1 controls muscle atrophy via sponging miR-15 family to activate IGF1-PI3K/AKT pathway. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 10:391-410 (2019). PubMed: 30701698