Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8312] to FECH
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-FECH antibody [EPR8312]
See all FECH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8312] to FECH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human FECH (UniProt ID: P22830)
- Human fetal liver and K562 lysates
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137042 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
FunctionCatalyzes the ferrous insertion into protoporphyrin IX.
PathwayPorphyrin metabolism; protoheme biosynthesis; protoheme from protoporphyrin-IX: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseErythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP) [MIM:177000]: A form of porphyria. Porphyrias are inherited defects in the biosynthesis of heme, resulting in the accumulation and increased excretion of porphyrins or porphyrin precursors. They are classified as erythropoietic or hepatic, depending on whether the enzyme deficiency occurs in red blood cells or in the liver. Erythropoietic protoporphyria is marked by excessive protoporphyrin in erythrocytes, plasma, liver and feces, and by widely varying photosensitive skin changes ranging from a burning or pruritic sensation to erythema, edema and wheals. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferrochelatase family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- EPP antibody
- FCE antibody
- Fch antibody
ab137042 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chen CP et al. Synergistic antitumor activity of artesunate and HDAC inhibitors through elevating heme synthesis via synergistic upregulation of ALAS1 expression. Acta Pharm Sin B 9:937-951 (2019). PubMed: 31649844
- Majmudar JD et al. 4'-Phosphopantetheine and long acyl chain-dependent interactions are integral to human mitochondrial acyl carrier protein function. Medchemcomm 10:209-220 (2019). PubMed: 30881609