Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ferritin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ferritin antibody
See all Ferritin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ferritin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Ferritin. Purified human Ferritin
Database link: P02794
- Human spleen or liver tissue
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76768 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.
Using polymer or streptavidin biotin system. Better staining is observed when antigen retrieval is used (boiling the tissue in 10 mM citrate, pH 6 for 10-15 minutes, followed by cooling for 10-15 minutes).
FunctionStores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Important for iron homeostasis. Has ferroxidase activity. Iron is taken up in the ferrous form and deposited as ferric hydroxides after oxidation. Also plays a role in delivery of iron to cells. Mediates iron uptake in capsule cells of the developing kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferritin family.
Contains 1 ferritin-like diiron domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormSubunit structure: Oligomer of 24 subunits. There are two types of subunits: L (light) chain and H (heavy) chain. The major chain can be light or heavy, depending on the species and tissue type. In the human liver, the heavy chain is predominant. The functional molecule forms a roughly spherical shell with a diameter of 12 nm and contains a central cavity into which the insoluble mineral iron core is deposited.
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein antibody
- Ferritin H subunit antibody
- Ferritin heavy chain antibody
ab76768 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Simmen S et al. Iron Prevents Hypoxia-Associated Inflammation Through the Regulation of Nuclear Factor-?B in the Intestinal Epithelium. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:339-355 (2019). PubMed: 30704983
- Hoelscher M et al. SELDI-TOF analysis of glioblastoma cyst fluid is an approach for assessing cellular protein expression. Neurol Res 35:993-1001 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24225180