Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ferritin Heavy Chain
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ferritin Heavy Chain antibody
See all Ferritin Heavy Chain primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ferritin Heavy Chain
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog
- Jurket Cell lysate
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81444 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- Information by UniProt
- Apoferritin antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 15 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein antibody
Western blot analysis of Human fetal lung tissue lysate labeling Ferritin Heavy Chain with ab81444 at 1.0µg/ml
Western blot analysis of HeLa cell lysate labeling Ferritin Heavy Chain with ab81444 at 1.0µg/ml
Anti-Ferritin Heavy Chain antibody (ab81444) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Jurkat Cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling Ferritin Heavy Chain with ab81444 at 5 µg/ml.
ab81444 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ma W et al. Maternal protein restriction depresses the duodenal expression of iron transporters and serum iron level in male weaning piglets. Br J Nutr 117:923-929 (2017). PubMed: 28534724
- Dominguez JH et al. Renal iron overload in rats with diabetic nephropathy. Physiol Rep 3:N/A (2015). PubMed: 26702071
- Colafrancesco S et al. sCD163 in AOSD: a biomarker for macrophage activation related to hyperferritinemia. Immunol Res 60:177-83 (2014). PubMed: 25388964
- Asensio-López MC et al. Involvement of ferritin heavy chain in the preventive effect of metformin against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. Free Radic Biol Med : (2012). PubMed: 23000260