Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FGF10
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FGF10 antibody
See all FGF10 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FGF10
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Non human primates
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Human Lung Tissue; A549 Whole Cell
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71794 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Goat polyclonal to FGF10 (ab90207).
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with ab90207 as Capture.
FunctionCould be a growth factor active in the process of wound healing. Acts as a mitogen in the lung. May act in a manner similar to FGF-7.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FGF10 are the cause of autosomal dominant aplasia of lacrimal and salivary glands (ALSG) [MIM:180920]. ALSG has variable expressivity, and affected individuals may have aplasia or hypoplasia of the lacrimal, parotid, submandibular and sublingual glands and absence of the lacrimal puncta. The disorder is characterized by irritable eyes, recurrent eye infections, epiphora (constant tearing) and xerostomia (dryness of the mouth), which increases the risk of dental erosion, dental caries, periodontal disease and oral infections.
Defects in FGF10 are a cause of lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital syndrome (LADDS) [MIM:149730]; also known as Levy-Hollister syndrome. LADDS is a form of ectodermal dysplasia, a heterogeneous group of disorders due to abnormal development of two or more ectodermal structures. LADDS is an autosomal dominant syndrome characterized by aplastic/hypoplastic lacrimal and salivary glands and ducts, cup-shaped ears, hearing loss, hypodontia and enamel hypoplasia, and distal limb segments anomalies. In addition to these cardinal features, facial dysmorphism, malformations of the kidney and respiratory system and abnormal genitalia have been reported. Craniosynostosis and severe syndactyly are not observed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
- Information by UniProt
- BB213776 antibody
- fd11d03 antibody
- FGF 10 antibody
All lanes : Anti-FGF10 antibody (ab71794) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 170 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 1 minute
FGF10 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted. Furthermore, the 37 kDa band observed is comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to FGF10.
ab71794 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yuan HS et al. MicroRNA-421 inhibition alleviates bronchopulmonary dysplasia in a mouse model via targeting Fgf10. J Cell Biochem 120:16876-16887 (2019). PubMed: 31144392
- Li W et al. Oil Body-Bound Oleosin-rhFGF-10: A Novel Drug Delivery System that Improves Skin Penetration to Accelerate Wound Healing and Hair Growth in Mice. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29057820
- Chen X et al. Sonic hedgehog protein regulates fibroblast growth factor 8 expression in metanephric explant culture from BALB/c mice: Possible mechanisms associated with renal morphogenesis. Mol Med Rep 14:2929-36 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27510750
- MacKenzie B et al. Attenuating endogenous Fgfr2b ligands during bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis does not compromise murine lung repair. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 308:L1014-24 (2015). PubMed: 25820524