Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5B5] to FGFR4
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-FGFR4 antibody [5B5]
See all FGFR4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5B5] to FGFR4
Specificityab44971 detects fibroblasts.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein corresponding to Human FGFR4.
- ICC/IF: Human BJ fibroblasts; mouse primary airway cells. IHC-Fr: Human skin fibroblasts. Flow: Human primary adult fibroblasts. IHC-P: Murine abdominal fibroblasts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44971 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionReceptor for acidic fibroblast growth factor. Does not bind to basic fibroblast growth factor. Binds FGF19.
Tissue specificityExpressed in gastrointestinal epithelial cells, pancreas, and gastric and pancreatic cancer cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Fibroblast growth factor receptor subfamily.
Contains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on tyrosine residue (By similarity). Phosphorylation requires the presence of a functional (phosphorylated) FGFR1 and not necessarily by means of FGFR heterodimerization.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Isoform 2 may be secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 334 antibody
- CD334 antibody
- CD334 antigen antibody
ab44971 (1/50) detecting fibroblast cells (red). Human BJ fibroblast cells were fixed in formaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton and blocked in 8% BSA.
ab44971 Mouse monoclonal [5B5] to FGFR4 staining fibroblasts in murine abdominal tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Formaldehyde-fixed, 5% Triton 100X permeabilized mouse primary airway cells labeling FGFR4 with ab44971 at 1/300 dilution in ICC/IF. 4% M.O.M Ig Blocking was used as a blocking agent for 1 hour at 20°C. Primary antibody was incubated at 4°C for 16 hours. Secondary antibody used was a biotin-conjugated rabbit polyclonal anti-mouse Ig at 1/100 dilution.
ab44971 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Chen YS et al. Ursodeoxycholic Acid Regulates Hepatic Energy Homeostasis and White Adipose Tissue Macrophages Polarization in Leptin-Deficiency Obese Mice. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30884843
- Hong SP et al. Single-cell transcriptomics reveals multi-step adaptations to endocrine therapy. Nat Commun 10:3840 (2019). PubMed: 31477698
- Kato T et al. Endothelial-mesenchymal transition in human atrial fibrillation. J Cardiol 69:706-711 (2017). PubMed: 27938856
- Sheipouri D et al. Characterisation of the kynurenine pathway in skin-derived fibroblasts and keratinocytes. J Cell Biochem 116:903-22 (2015). PubMed: 25639585
- Chen G et al. Connexin-43 induces chemokine release from spinal cord astrocytes to maintain late-phase neuropathic pain in mice. Brain 137:2193-209 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24919967
- Carmona R et al. Cells derived from the coelomic epithelium contribute to multiple gastrointestinal tissues in mouse embryos. PLoS One 8:e55890 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23418471
- Pine SR et al. Microenvironmental modulation of asymmetric cell division in human lung cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2195-200 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20080668
- Liao IC & Leong KW Efficacy of engineered FVIII-producing skeletal muscle enhanced by growth factor-releasing co-axial electrospun fibers. Biomaterials : (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 21084118
- Thwin MM et al. Suppressive effect of secretory phospholipase A2 inhibitory peptide on interleukin-1beta-induced matrix metalloproteinase production in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts, and its antiarthritic activity in hTNFtg mice. Arthritis Res Ther 11:R138 (2009). Human . PubMed: 19765281
- Goodpaster T et al. An immunohistochemical method for identifying fibroblasts in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue. J Histochem Cytochem 56:347-58 (2008). IHC-P . PubMed: 18071065