Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to FHOD1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FHOD1 antibody
See all FHOD1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to FHOD1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
full-length human FHOD1 protein (NP_037373.2, 1 a.a. ~ 1164 a.a).
- K-562 cell lysate and FHOD1 transfected 293T cell lysate human spleen
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73443 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 127 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 13 µg/ml.|
FunctionRequired for the assembly of F-actin structures, such as stress fibers. Depends on the Rho-ROCK cascade for its activity. Contributes to the coordination of microtubules with actin fibers and plays a role in cell elongation.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highly expressed in spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the formin homology family.
Contains 1 FH1 (formin homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 FH2 (formin homology 2) domain.
Contains 1 GBD/FH3 (Rho GTPase-binding/formin homology 3) domain.
DomainRegulated by intramolecular binding to a C-terminal auto-inhibitory domain. Effector binding abolishes this interaction and activates the protein.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Predominantly cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
- FH1/FH2 domain containing protein antibody
- FH1/FH2 domain containing protein 1 antibody
- FH1/FH2 domain-containing protein 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-FHOD1 antibody (ab73443) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : FHOD1 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : non-transfected lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-mouse IgG(H&L)-HRP conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 127 kDa
Observed band size: 145 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Anti-FHOD1 antibody (ab73443) at 1/500 dilution + K-562 cell lysate at 25 µg
goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 127 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunoperoxidase staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human spleen using ab73443, at 3 ug/ml of purified version of the antibody.
ab73443 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Schwartz C et al. Lamins and nesprin-1 mediate inside-out mechanical coupling in muscle cell precursors through FHOD1. Sci Rep 7:1253 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28455503
- Dwyer J et al. The formin FHOD1 in cardiomyocytes. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 297:1560-70 (2014). PubMed: 25125170
- Viswanatha R et al. Interactome analysis reveals ezrin can adopt multiple conformational states. J Biol Chem 288:35437-51 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24151071
- Ogembo JG et al. SIRPa/CD172a and FHOD1 are unique markers of littoral cells, a recently evolved major cell population of red pulp of human spleen. J Immunol 188:4496-505 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22490440