Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [28F2] to Fibrillarin
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG3
Product nameAnti-Fibrillarin antibody [28F2]
See all Fibrillarin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [28F2] to Fibrillarin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Nuclear preparation (S. cerevisiae). Hybridomas were screened by immunofluorescence on yeast cells and by western blotting on yeast protein homogenates.
General notesPfam number: PF01269
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Purification notesSterile filtered.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4575 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use 2-4 µl for an amount of lysate derived from 5 OD600 units of yeast culture.
WB: 1/10000 (cell lysates)- 1/25000 (nuclear fractions)(yeast protein samples). Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa. For other (non-ECL) western detection methods, 1/1000 - 1/5000.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionS-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase that has the ability to methylate both RNAs and proteins. Involved in pre-rRNA processing by catalyzing the site-specific 2'-hydroxyl methylation of ribose moieties in pre-ribosomal RNA. Site specificity is provided by a guide RNA that base pairs with the substrate. Methylation occurs at a characteristic distance from the sequence involved in base pairing with the guide RNA. Also acts as a protein methyltransferase by mediating methylation of 'Gln-105' of histone H2A (H2AQ104me), a modification that impairs binding of the FACT complex and is specifically present at 35S ribosomal DNA locus (PubMed:24352239).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the methyltransferase superfamily. Fibrillarin family.
modificationsBy homology to other fibrillarins, some or all of the N-terminal domain arginines are modified to asymmetric dimethylarginine (DMA).
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleolus. Fibrillar region of the nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- 34 kD nucleolar scleroderma antigen antibody
- 34 kDa nucleolar scleroderma antigen antibody
- Fbl antibody
ab4575 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ye F et al. HMGB1 regulates erastin-induced ferroptosis via RAS-JNK/p38 signaling in HL-60/NRASQ61L cells. Am J Cancer Res 9:730-739 (2019). PubMed: 31105999
- Hwang S et al. Suppressing Aneuploidy-Associated Phenotypes Improves the Fitness of Trisomy 21 Cells. Cell Rep 29:2473-2488.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31747614
- Herzig B et al. Bällchen is required for self-renewal of germline stem cells in Drosophila melanogaster. Biol Open 3:510-21 (2014). PubMed: 24876388
- Mirón-García MC et al. The prefoldin bud27 mediates the assembly of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases in an rpb5-dependent manner. PLoS Genet 9:e1003297 (2013). PubMed: 23459708
- Merl J et al. Analysis of ribosome biogenesis factor-modules in yeast cells depleted from pre-ribosomes. Nucleic Acids Res 38:3068-80 (2010). ICC/IF . PubMed: 20100801