Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Fibroblast activation protein, alpha
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Fibroblast activation protein, alpha antibody
See all Fibroblast activation protein, alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fibroblast activation protein, alpha
Specificityab53066 detects endogenous levels of total Fibroblast activation protein, alpha. Please note the immunogen used to produce this product has 92% homology with Mouse DPPIV/CD26.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human, Monkey
- Human breast carcinoma tissue and LOVO cell extracts.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53066 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53066 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa.Can be blocked with Fibroblast activation protein or alpha peptide (ab150744).
Please see WB protocol details in the image legend.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.
Antigen retrieval: Microwave method - put the slice into 10 mmol/L citrate buffer (pH 6.0), microwave high temperature for 5 minutes, and then medium temperature for 15 minutes.
Primary antibody incubation: 1 hour at 37°C
Secondary antibody: Poly-HRP-Anti Mouse/Rabbit IgG, 50 µL for 30 minutes.
FunctionIn association with DPP4 is involved in the pericellular proteolysis of the extracellular matrix (ECM), the migration and invasion of endothelial cells into the ECM. May have a role in tissue remodeling during development and wound healing, and may contribute to invasiveness in malignant cancers.
Tissue specificityFibroblast specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S9B family.
The N-terminus may be blocked.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > invadopodium membrane. Found in cell surface lamellipodia, invadopodia and on shed vesicles. Colocalized with DPP4 in invadopodia and lamellipodia of migratory activated endothelial cells in collagenous matrix. Colocalized with DPP4 on endothelial cells of capillary-like microvessels but not large vessels within invasive breast ductal carcinoma.
- Information by UniProt
- 170 kDa melanoma membrane bound gelatinase antibody
- 170 kDa melanoma membrane-bound gelatinase antibody
- DPPIV antibody
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue sections labeling Fibroblast activation protein, alpha with ab53066 (without peptide-right and with peptide- left).
All lanes : Anti-Fibroblast activation protein, alpha antibody (ab53066) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : LOVO cell extract
Lane 2 : LOVO cell extract at 40 µg with immunising peptide
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Blocking buffer: 5% (w/v) non-fat dry milk in TBST.
Primary antibody dilution buffer: 5%(w/v)non-fat dried milk,0.1%(v/v), Tween-20 in TBST.
Secondary antibody dilution buffer: 5%(w/v)non-fat dried milk,0.1%(v/v),Tween-20 in TBST.
12% SDS gel. Nitrocellulose membrane.
Blocking: Room temperature for 2 hours or overnight at 4°C. Then wash 3x for 5 minutes with 0.05% blocking buffer.
Primary antibody incubation: diluted in TBST at 1/500. Incubate overnight with 4 degrees shaking. Then, in 0.05% TBST, wash membrane 3-4 times for 10min.
Secondary antibody incubation: diluted in TBST at 1/2000. Incubate 37°C for 1 hour. Then, in 0.05% TBST, wash membrane 3-4 times for 10min.
ab53066 staining Fibroblast activation protein alpha in Monkey spleen tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation with Tris/EDTA (pH9). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in a commercial diluent) for 30 minutes at 21°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab53066 staining Fibroblast activation protein, alpha in Dog cancerous tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in Tris/EDTA (pH 9.0) buffer. Samples were incubated with undiluted primary antibody (1/100 in antibody diluent) for 30 minutes at 21°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab53066 has been referenced in 64 publications.
- Sumransub N et al. Breast cancer stem cell RNA-pulsed dendritic cells enhance tumor cell killing by effector T cells. Oncol Lett 19:2422-2430 (2020). PubMed: 32194742
- Chen X et al. Exosome-mediated transfer of miR-93-5p from cancer-associated fibroblasts confer radioresistance in colorectal cancer cells by downregulating FOXA1 and upregulating TGFB3. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:65 (2020). PubMed: 32293494
- Reyes-Ramos AM et al. Mesenchymal Cells Support the Oncogenicity and Therapeutic Response of the Hedgehog Pathway in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31658643
- Sandberg TP et al. Increased expression of cancer-associated fibroblast markers at the invasive front and its association with tumor-stroma ratio in colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer 19:284 (2019). PubMed: 30922247
- Hu YB et al. Exosomal Wnt-induced dedifferentiation of colorectal cancer cells contributes to chemotherapy resistance. Oncogene 38:1951-1965 (2019). PubMed: 30390075