Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Fibronectin
- Reacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody
See all Fibronectin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fibronectin
SpecificityFibronectin 100%, collagen type I, III and IV <0.1%, elastin <0.1%
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rat Fibronectin.
This antibody may be used to identify fibronectin during wound healing, during tumour progression, and tumour invasion respectively.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody may be used to identify fibronectin during wound healing, during tumour progression, and tumour invasion respectively.
FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylated by FAM20C in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab23751 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Imafuku A et al. Rat Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Sheets Suppress Renal Fibrosis via Microvascular Protection. Stem Cells Transl Med 8:1330-1341 (2019). PubMed: 31675167
- Li Y et al. Early intervention with mesenchymal stem cells prevents nephropathy in diabetic rats by ameliorating the inflammatory microenvironment. Int J Mol Med 41:2629-2639 (2018). PubMed: 29484379
- Wilck N et al. Nitric oxide-sensitive guanylyl cyclase stimulation improves experimental heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29467337
- Wang JL et al. Antifibrotic role of PGC-1a-siRNA against TGF-ß1-induced renal interstitial fibrosis. Exp Cell Res 370:160-167 (2018). PubMed: 29913155
- He WM et al. Oleanolic acid attenuates TGF-ß1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in NRK-52E cells. BMC Complement Altern Med 18:205 (2018). PubMed: 29973206