Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BC-1] to Fibronectin
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [BC-1]
See all Fibronectin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BC-1] to Fibronectin
Specificityab154210 recognizes Human EDB+Fibronectin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Fibronectin purified from WI38VA cultured cell medium
EpitopeWithin the Fibronectin type III repeat 7, unmasked by the inclusion of the adjacent extra-domain B, in ED-B+Fibronectin isoform
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154210 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 0.1 - 5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 0.1 - 5 µg/ml.
FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylated by FAM20C in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
ab154210 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Lui BG et al. Targeting the tumor vasculature with engineered cystine-knot miniproteins. Nat Commun 11:295 (2020). PubMed: 31941901
- Cui J et al. Knockdown of fibronectin extra domain B suppresses TGF-ß1-mediated cell proliferation and collagen deposition in keloid fibroblasts via AKT/ERK signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 526:1131-1137 (2020). PubMed: 32317186
- Casanova MR et al. Fibronectin Bound to a Fibrous Substrate Has Chondrogenic Induction Properties. Biomacromolecules 21:1368-1378 (2020). PubMed: 32003989
- Filla MS et al. Activation of avß3 Integrin Alters Fibronectin Fibril Formation in Human Trabecular Meshwork Cells in a ROCK-Independent Manner. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:3897-3913 (2019). PubMed: 31529121
- Klingberg F et al. The fibronectin ED-A domain enhances recruitment of latent TGF-ß-binding protein-1 to the fibroblast matrix. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29361522