Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1G6A4] to Fibulin 5
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Fibulin 5 antibody [1G6A4]
See all Fibulin 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1G6A4] to Fibulin 5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant His tagged fragment, corresponding to amino acids 242-448 of Human Fibulin 5
- Colon and breast cancer
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR171104-21 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66339 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionPromotes adhesion of endothelial cells through interaction of integrins and the RGD motif. Could be a vascular ligand for integrin receptors and may play a role in vascular development and remodeling.
Tissue specificityExpressed predominantly in heart, ovary, and colon but also in kidney, pancreas, testis, lung and placenta. Not detectable in brain, liver, thymus, prostate, or peripheral blood leukocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in FBLN5 are a cause of autosomal dominant cutis laxa (ADCL) [MIM:123700]. Hereditary cutis laxa refers to a heterogeneous group of connective tissue disorders characterized by cutaneous abnormalities and variable systemic manifestations. The most constant clinical feature is loose skin, sagging over the face and trunk. Hereditary cutis laxa is inherited in both autosomal dominant and autosomal recessive modes. Autosomal dominant cutis laxa is a relatively benign inherited and acquired connective tissue disorder.
Defects in FBLN5 are a cause of cutis laxa autosomal recessive type 1 (ARCL1) [MIM:219100]. Hereditary cutis laxa refers to a heterogeneous group of connective tissue disorders characterized by cutaneous abnormalities and variable systemic manifestations. The most constant clinical feature is loose skin, sagging over the face and trunk. Hereditary cutis laxa is inherited in both autosomal dominant and autosomal recessive modes. ARCL1 shows the most severe phenotype and has the poorest prognosis. In addition to the skin, internal organs enriched in elastic fibers, such as the lung and arteries, are affected.
Defects in FBLN5 are the cause of age-related macular degeneration type 3 (ARMD3) [MIM:608895]. ARMD is a multifactorial disease and the most common cause of irreversible vision loss in the developed world. In most patients, the disease is manifest as ophthalmoscopically visible yellowish accumulations of protein and lipid (known as drusen) that lie beneath the retinal pigment epithelium and within an elastin-containing structure known as Bruch membrane.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fibulin family.
Contains 6 EGF-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- ADCL2 antibody
- ARCL1A antibody
- ARMD3 antibody
Anti-Fibulin 5 antibody [1G6A4] (ab66339) at 1/2000 dilution + Human vascular smooth muscle whole cell lysate at 20 µg
HRP-conjugated Rabbit anti-mouse IgG polyclonal at 1/2000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Anti-Fibulin 5 antibody [1G6A4] (ab66339) at 1/500 dilution + Immunogen (recombinant truncated protein) at 1 µg
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human colon cancer tissue showing cytoplasmic localisation with DAB staining using ab66337 at 1/500 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue showing cytoplasmic localisation with DAB staining using ab66337 at 1/500 dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab66339 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab66339, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab66339 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wang H et al. Differential gene expression of extracellular-matrix-related proteins in the vaginal apical compartment of women with pelvic organ prolapse. Int Urogynecol J 30:439-446 (2019). PubMed: 29600404
- Padhy B et al. De novo variants in an extracellular matrix protein coding gene, fibulin-5 (FBLN5) are associated with pseudoexfoliation. Eur J Hum Genet N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31358954
- Martí-Pàmies I et al. The nuclear receptor NOR-1/NR4A3 regulates the multifunctional glycoprotein vitronectin in human vascular smooth muscle cells. FASEB J 31:4588-4599 (2017). PubMed: 28666984
- Yabe Y et al. Decreased elastic fibers and increased proteoglycans in the ligamentum flavum of patients with lumbar spinal canal stenosis. J Orthop Res 34:1241-7 (2016). PubMed: 26679090
- Orriols M et al. Down-regulation of Fibulin-5 is associated with aortic dilation: role of inflammation and epigenetics. Cardiovasc Res 110:431-42 (2016). PubMed: 27089918
- Ren T et al. Differential proteomics analysis of low- and high-grade of astrocytoma using iTRAQ quantification. Onco Targets Ther 9:5883-5895 (2016). PubMed: 27713642
- Pérez-Rico C et al. Elastin development-associated extracellular matrix constituents of subepithelial connective tissue in human pterygium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:6309-18 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25183766
- Munjal C et al. TGF-ß mediates early angiogenesis and latent fibrosis in an Emilin1-deficient mouse model of aortic valve disease. Dis Model Mech 7:987-96 (2014). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25056700
- Gauster M et al. Fibulin-5 expression in the human placenta. Histochem Cell Biol 135:203-13 (2011). WB, IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 21290250
- Auer-Grumbach M et al. Fibulin-5 mutations link inherited neuropathies, age-related macular degeneration and hyperelastic skin. Brain 134:1839-52 (2011). Human . PubMed: 21576112