Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Filaggrin
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Filaggrin antibody
See all Filaggrin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Filaggrin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Filaggrin (N terminal).
Database link: P20930
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result, we are pleased to offer this antibody in a purified format as of 23rd June 2017. The following lots are still unpurified and still in stock as of 23rd June 2017 - GR309720-5, GR3178284-1, GR309720-6, GR309720-2, GR309720-3, GR309720-4. Lot numbers other than GR309720-5, GR3178284-1, GR309720-6, GR309720-2, GR309720-3, GR309720-4 will be purified. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. Purified antibodies have the advantage of being enriched for the fraction of immunoglobulin that specifically reacts with the target antigen and for having a reduction of serum proteins.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 2% Sucrose, 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81468 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAggregates keratin intermediate filaments and promotes disulfide-bond formation among the intermediate filaments during terminal differentiation of mammalian epidermis.
Tissue specificityKeratohyalin granules.
Involvement in diseaseIchthyosis vulgaris
Dermatitis atopic 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S100-fused protein family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 23 filaggrin repeats.
modificationsFilaggrin is initially synthesized as a large, insoluble, highly phosphorylated precursor containing many tandem copies of 324 AA, which are not separated by large linker sequences. During terminal differentiation it is dephosphorylated and proteolytically cleaved. The N-terminal of the mature protein is heterogeneous, and is blocked by the formation of pyroglutamate.
Undergoes deimination of some arginine residues (citrullination).
- Information by UniProt
- ATOD2 antibody
- Epidermal filaggrin antibody
- FILA_HUMAN antibody
ab81468 staining Filaggrin in Human skin tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250) for 2 hours at 21°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab81468 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab81468, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human skin sample labeling filaggrin with ab81468. Counterstained with haematoxylin.
ab81468 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Egolf S et al. LSD1 Inhibition Promotes Epithelial Differentiation through Derepression of Fate-Determining Transcription Factors. Cell Rep 28:1981-1992.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31433976
- Balansin Rigon R et al. Ultrastructural and Molecular Analysis of Ribose-Induced Glycated Reconstructed Human Skin. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30413126
- Tacheau C et al. Vichy Thermal Spring Water (VTSW), a cosmetic ingredient of potential interest in the frame of skin ageing exposome: an in vitro study. Int J Cosmet Sci 40:377-387 (2018). PubMed: 29879297
- Strüver K et al. Development of a Perfusion Platform for Dynamic Cultivation of in vitro Skin Models. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 30:180-189 (2017). PubMed: 28651246
- Lee H et al. Toluene downregulates filaggrin expression via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase and signal transducer and activator of transcription-dependent pathways. J Allergy Clin Immunol 139:355-358.e5 (2017). PubMed: 27498358