Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to FILGAP
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-FILGAP antibody
See all FILGAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FILGAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
- Human lung carcinoma tissue; Rat kidney lysate; Human colon carcinoma lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Rho GTPase-activating protein 24
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203874 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 84 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).|
RelevanceARHGAP24 is a rho GTPase-activating protein involved in cell polarity, cell morphology and cytoskeletal organization. It acts as a GTPase activator for the Rac-type GTPase by converting it to an inactive GDP-bound state. It controls actin remodeling by inactivating Rac downstream of Rho leading to suppress leading edge protrusion and promotes cell retraction to achieve cellular polarity. There are five different isoforms.Isoform 1 is widely expressed with a higher level in kidney. Isoform 2 is mainly expressed in endothelial cells and is involved in modulation of angiogenesis.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic, cytoskeleton. Cell junction: adherens junction, focal adhesion. Cell projection.
- ARHGAP24 antibody
- DKFZP564B1162 antibody
- Filamin A associated RhoGAP antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human lung carcinoma tissue labeling FILGAP with ab203874 at 1/200 dilution followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
All lanes : Anti-FILGAP antibody (ab203874) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Human colon carcinoma lysate
Lane 2 : Rat kidney lysate
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody (H+L), HRP Conjugated at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
ab203874 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang L et al. Rho GTPase Activating Protein 24 (ARHGAP24) Silencing Promotes Lung Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion by Activating ß-Catenin Signaling. Med Sci Monit 25:21-31 (2019). PubMed: 30599132
- Wang L et al. ARHGAP24 inhibits cell proliferation and cell cycle progression and induces apoptosis of lung cancer via a STAT6-WWP2-P27 axis. Carcinogenesis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31430374
- Zhang S et al. ARHGAP24 regulates cell ability and apoptosis of colorectal cancer cells via the regulation of P53. Oncol Lett 16:3517-3524 (2018). PubMed: 30127956
- Dai X et al. Rho GTPase Activating Protein 24 (ARHGAP24) Regulates the Anti-Cancer Activity of Sorafenib Against Breast Cancer MDA-MB-231 Cells via the Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 (STAT3) Signaling Pathway. Med Sci Monit 24:8669-8677 (2018). PubMed: 30499465