Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Firefly Luciferase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Firefly
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Firefly Luciferase antibody
See all Firefly Luciferase primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Firefly Luciferase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Firefly
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Firefly (Photinus pyralis) Firefly Luciferase aa 1-550.
MEDAKNIKKGPAPFYPLEDGTAGEQLHKAMKRYALVPGTIAFTDAHIEVN ITYAEYFEMSVRLAEAMKRYGLNTNHRIVVCSENSLQFFMPVLGALFIGV AVAPANDIYNERELLNSMNISQPTVVFVSKKGLQKILNVQKKLPIIQKII IMDSKTDYQGFQSMYTFVTSHLPPGFNEYDFVPESFDRDKTIALIMNSSG STGLPKGVALPHRTACVRFSHARDPIFGNQIIPDTAILSVVPFHHGFGMF TTLGYLICGFRVVLMYRFEEELFLRSLQDYKIQSALLVPTLFSFFAKSTL IDKYDLSNLHEIASGGAPLSKEVGEAVAKRFHLPGIRQGYGLTETTSAIL ITPEGDDKPGAVGKVVPFFEAKVVDLDTGKTLGVNQRGELCVRGPMIMSG YVNNPEATNALIDKDGWLHSGDIAYWDEDEHFFIVDRLKSLIKYKGYQVA PAELESILLQHPNIFDAGVAGLPDDDAGELPAAVVVLEHGKTMTEKEIVD YVASQVTTAKKLRGGVVFVDEVPKGLTGKLDARKIREILIKAKKGGKSKL
Database link: P08659
- Luciferase protein.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.27% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab181640 is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer stated above. ab181640 is sterile filtered.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181640 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.|
RelevanceLuciferase from the firefly has become one of the more widely used reporter proteins for the study of gene expression. Luciferase catalyzes a bioluminescent reaction which requires the substrate luciferin as well as Mg2+ and ATP. Mixing these reagents with the cell extract containing luciferase, results in a flash of light that decays rapidly. This light can be detected by a luminometer. The total light emission is proportional to the luciferase activity of the sample.
- SwissProt: P08659 Firefly
- ec 126.96.36.199 antibody
- Firefly antibody
- Luciferase antibody
- Luciferin 4 monooxygenase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody (ab181640) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Firefly Luciferase transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Donkey anti-Goat IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216775) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green – ab181640 observed at 65 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using Licor blocking buffer before being incubated with ab181640 and ab8245 (loading control) overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using Donkey anti-Goat IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed (ab216775) and Donkey anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed (ab216778) at a 1:10000 dilution for 1hr at room temperature and then imaged.
Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody (ab181640) at 1/1000 dilution + Luciferase protein at 0.05 µg
Peroxidase anti-goat secondary antibody at 1/40000 dilution
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
ab181640 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Crowley C et al. Non-Invasive Longitudinal Bioluminescence Imaging of Human Mesoangioblasts in Bioengineered Esophagi. Tissue Eng Part C Methods 25:103-113 (2019). PubMed: 30648471
- Liu C et al. Two Arabidopsis Receptor-like Cytoplasmic Kinases SZE1 and SZE2 Associate with the ZAR1-ZED1 Complex and Are Required for Effector-Triggered Immunity. Mol Plant 12:967-983 (2019). PubMed: 30947022
- Du Y et al. Intracellular Notch1 Signaling in Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Dictates the Plasticity and Stemness of Melanoma Stem/Initiating Cells. Stem Cells 37:865-875 (2019). PubMed: 30941836
- Bermudez-Brito M et al. L. plantarum WCFS1 enhances Treg frequencies by activating DCs even in absence of sampling of bacteria in the Peyer Patches. Sci Rep 8:1785 (2018). PubMed: 29379071
- Braid LR et al. Intramuscular administration potentiates extended dwell time of mesenchymal stromal cells compared to other routes. Cytotherapy 20:232-244 (2018). PubMed: 29167063
- Mao L et al. Visualization and Quantification of Browning Using a Ucp1-2A-Luciferase Knock-in Mouse Model. Diabetes 66:407-417 (2017). PubMed: 28108609
- Skare JT et al. In Vivo Imaging Demonstrates That Borrelia burgdorferi ospC Is Uniquely Expressed Temporally and Spatially throughout Experimental Infection. PLoS One 11:e0162501 (2016). PubMed: 27611840
- Guo H et al. Plastid-nucleus communication involves calcium-modulated MAPK signalling. Nat Commun 7:12173 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27399341