Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Firefly Luciferase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Firefly
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Firefly Luciferase antibody
See all Firefly Luciferase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Firefly Luciferase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Firefly
Full length native protein (purified) (Firefly (Photinus pyralis)).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21176 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000.|
RelevanceLuciferase from the firefly has become one of the more widely used reporter proteins for the study of gene expression. Luciferase catalyzes a bioluminescent reaction which requires the substrate luciferin as well as Mg2+ and ATP. Mixing these reagents with the cell extract containing luciferase, results in a flash of light that decays rapidly. This light can be detected by a luminometer. The total light emission is proportional to the luciferase activity of the sample.
- SwissProt: P08659 Firefly
- ec 184.108.40.206 antibody
- Firefly antibody
- Luciferase antibody
- Luciferin 4 monooxygenase antibody
ab21176 at 10 µg/mL staining Luciferase in transfected HEK-293 (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cells by ICC/IF.
The cells were fixed with methanol and acetone. An FITC conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
Left panel: Un-transfected cells.
Right panel: Transfected cells.
ab21176 at 1/200 dilution staining engineered adult rat stromal stem cells by ICC/IF.
The cells were fixed in 2% paraformaldehyde and 0.1% Triton X-100 was used for cell permeabilization (15 minutes incubation time). The cells were incubated with the antibody overnight at 4°C. The image shows Luciferase (green-upper right panel), counterstained cell nuclei (DAPI-blue-upper left panel), overlay (lower left panel) and a phase contrast image (lower right panel).
The image was taken with a confocal laser scanning microscope equipped with an additional laser differential Interference Contrast (DIC) mode.
All lanes : Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody (ab21176) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysates from HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cells overexpressing luciferase
Lane 2 : Lysates from HEK-293T cells overexpressing luciferase with Luciferase Immunizing Peptide
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG-Alkaline Phosphatase and a colorimetric substrate
Immunocytochemical analysis analysis of HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney transformed with large T antigen) cells overexpressing luciferase labeling Luciferase with ab21176 at a concentration of 10 μg/mL. The secondary antibody was a Goat anti-Rabbit IgG, FITC conjugate.
ab21176 staining mouse mammary carcinoma cells by ICC/IF.
Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking with a commercial blocking agent. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa-Fluor® 555 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
The image shows firefly luciferase (red) in mouse tumour cells and cell nuclei counterstained with Hoechst (blue).
ab21176 has been referenced in 52 publications.
- Zhao J et al. Calcium phosphate nanoneedle based gene delivery system for cancer genetic immunotherapy. Biomaterials 250:120072 (2020). PubMed: 32361307
- Simms CL et al. Ribosome Collisions Result in +1 Frameshifting in the Absence of No-Go Decay. Cell Rep 28:1679-1689.e4 (2019). PubMed: 31412239
- Cottage CT et al. Targeting p16-induced senescence prevents cigarette smoke-induced emphysema by promoting IGF1/Akt1 signaling in mice. Commun Biol 2:307 (2019). PubMed: 31428695
- Amoasii L et al. In vivo non-invasive monitoring of dystrophin correction in a new Duchenne muscular dystrophy reporter mouse. Nat Commun 10:4537 (2019). PubMed: 31586095
- Fearing BV et al. Mechanosensitive transcriptional coactivators MRTF-A and YAP/TAZ regulate nucleus pulposus cell phenotype through cell shape. FASEB J 33:14022-14035 (2019). PubMed: 31638828