Product nameFirePlex® miRNA Assay Core Reagent Kit V2 - Biofluid
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Assay time4h 00m
FirePlex® miRNA Assay Core Reagent Kit V2 - Biofluid (ab218342) contains qualified reagents for the use of our FirePlex® miRNA multiplex assays which detect up to 65 literature curated miRNA in only 10 µL of biofluid samples or 100 pg purified total RNA, without the need for RNA purification.
FirePlex® miRNA Assay Core Reagent Kit V2 - Biofluid (ab218342) requires the purchase of either:
- Oncology miRNA Panel (ab218367)
- Cardiology miRNA Panel (ab218368)
- Immunology miRNA Panel (ab218369)
- Liver Tox miRNA Panel (ab218370)
- Neurology miRNA Panel (ab218371)
- Kidney Toxicity miRNA Panel (ab219508)
- Cardiac Toxicity miRNA Panel (ab219509)
- Pancreatic Toxicity miRNA Panel (ab219510)
NOTE: FirePlex miRNA panels require the purchase of a Run Buffer. Use our FirePlex Cytometer Setup Kit V2 (ab245835) to select the most appropriate Run Buffer for your flow cytometer.
The assay provides PCR sensitivity while eliminating the need for separate reverse transcription reactions and mitigating amplification biases introduced by target-specific qPCR. This is made possible by combining uniquely encoded FirePlex® hydrogel particles with single-step RT-PCR signal amplification using universal primers. The entire assay is performed in 96-well plate format such that users detect up to 65 microRNA targets for each of 96 samples in less than a day’s work.
The FirePlex® miRNA Assay reliably detects as few as 1000 microRNA copies per sample with a linear dynamic range of ~5 logs. In addition to increased sensitivity, the assay's multiplexed detection conserves precious sample by detecting multiple microRNA targets from only 10 µL of biofluid, and has been validated for numerous sample types including plasma, serum, exosomes, urine and saliva.
Find a full list of validated sample types, and learn more about the performance and requirements of these assays, here.
Our integrated free FirePlex Analysis Workbench software enables easy and rapid data analysis, visualization, and export in under ten minutes, and includes key features such as standard curve analysis and publication-quality heat maps and graphs.
FirePlex® is a registered trade mark in the United States and is an unregistered trade mark elsewhere.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10x Rinse Buffer A 1 x 30ml 1x Hyb Buffer (Hybridization Buffer) 1 x 25ml 2x Rinse Buffer B 1 x 33ml 50x Labeling Buffer 1 x 200µl 5x Reporter Solution 1 x 4ml Catch Plate 1 unit Digest Buffer 1 x 4ml dNTP mix 1 x 120µl Filter Plate 1 unit FirePlex Plate Seal 1 unit Labeling Diluent 1 x 30ml Labeling Enzyme 1 x 50µl PCR Buffer 1 x 2ml PCR Enzyme 1 x 60µl Primer Mix 1 x 250µl Protease Mix 1 x 500µl RNA Control 1 x 50µl
- Vacuum manifold for 96 well filter plates (ab204067)
- FirePlex® miRNA Assay Core Reagent Kit V2 - purified RNA (ab218365)
- FirePlex miRNA Panel - Oncology V2 (ab218367)
- FirePlex® miRNA Panel - Cardiology V2 (ab218368)
- FirePlex® miRNA Panel - Immunology V2 (ab218369)
- FirePlex® miRNA Panel - Liver Tox V2 (ab218370)
- FirePlex® miRNA Panel - Neurology V2 (ab218371)
- FirePlex Cytometer Setup Kit V2 (ab245835)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab218342 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Clos-Garcia M et al. Gut microbiome and serum metabolome analyses identify molecular biomarkers and altered glutamate metabolism in fibromyalgia. EBioMedicine 46:499-511 (2019). PubMed: 31327695
- Hoss AG et al. miR-10b-5p expression in Huntington's disease brain relates to age of onset and the extent of striatal involvement. BMC Med Genomics 8:10 (2015). PubMed: 25889241
- Le MT et al. miR-200-containing extracellular vesicles promote breast cancer cell metastasis. J Clin Invest 124:5109-28 (2014). PubMed: 25401471