Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameFITC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4]
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Sheep, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog, Human, Snake, Zebrafish
corresponding to alpha smooth muscle Actin.
- ICC: HeLa and SV40LT-SMC cells. WB: HeLa cell lysate.
This antibody reacts with smooth muscle cells of blood vessels and parenchymal tissue of intestine, testis and ovary. This antibody strongly crossreacts with alphasmooth muscle actin in a variety of mammalian and non-mammalian species.
The antibody is conjugated with FITC at a ratio 6 Moles of Fluorescein to 1 Mole of antibody. Maximum excitation of FITC occurs at wavelength 492 nm, and maximum emission occurs at wavelenght 520 nm.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody reacts with smooth muscle cells of blood vessels and parenchymal tissue of intestine, testis and ovary. This antibody strongly crossreacts with alphasmooth muscle actin in a variety of mammalian and non-mammalian species.
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab125057)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab184675)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab202368)
- HRP Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab203696)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] - BSA and Azide free (ab240654)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab7817)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/131.58. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (ab7817) at 1/131.58 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : ACTA2 knockout HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation (ab7817).
ab7817 was shown to react with alpha smooth muscle Actin in wild-type HeLa cells in western blot. Loss of signal was observed when ACTA2 knockout sample was used. Wild-type HeLa and ACTA2 knockout cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membranes were blocked in 3% milk in TBS-T (0.1% Tween®) before incubation with ab7817 and ab52866 (Rabbit anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [EP1332Y]) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 131.58 Dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were incubated with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed (ab216772) and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed (ab216777) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
ab8211 staining alpha smooth muscle Actin in wild-type HeLa cells (top panel) and ACTA2 knockout HeLa cells (bottom panel). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) then permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab8211 at 5μg/ml concentration and ab195884 (Rat monoclonal to Tubulin - Alexa Fluor® 647) at 1/100 dilution overnight at 4°C. Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems TCS SP8).
ab8211 staining alpha smooth muscle Actin in SV40LT-SMC cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab8211 at a 1/100 dilution (shown in green) and ab195889, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 594), at a 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
This product also gave a positive signal under the same testing conditions in SV40LT-SMC cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min).
ab8211 has been referenced in 41 publications.
- Yu J et al. PLK1 Inhibition alleviates transplant-associated obliterative bronchiolitis by suppressing myofibroblast differentiation. Aging (Albany NY) 12:11636-11652 (2020). PubMed: 32541091
- El-Kehdy H et al. Inflammation Differentially Modulates the Biological Features of Adult Derived Human Liver Stem/Progenitor Cells. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32650454
- Bogdanova M et al. Interstitial cells in calcified aortic valves have reduced differentiation potential and stem cell-like properties. Sci Rep 9:12934 (2019). PubMed: 31506459
- Zhou X et al. CDKN1A-interacting zinc finger protein 1 is a novel biomarker for lung squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Lett 15:183-188 (2018). IF ; Human . PubMed: 29285191
- Lai YL et al. Loss of heme oxygenase-1 accelerates mesodermal gene expressions during embryoid body development from mouse embryonic stem cells. Redox Biol 15:51-61 (2018). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 29216542