Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [MEM-229] to CD105
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Pig
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameFITC Anti-CD105 antibody [MEM-229]
See all CD105 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [MEM-229] to CD105
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
The antibody MEM-229 recognizes an extracellular epitope of CD105 (Endoglin), a 90 kDa type I integral membrane homodimer glycoprotein expressed on vascular endothelial cells (small and large vessels), activated monocytes and tissue macrophages, stromal cells of certain tissues including bone marrow, pre-B
lymphocytes in fetal marrow and erythroid precursors in fetal and adult bone marrow; it is also present on syncytiotrophoblast on placenta throughout pregnancy.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Pig
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human CD105.
Database link: P17813
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified by size-exclusion chromatography.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/200. Fix with acetone.
1/200. Fix with acetone.
FunctionMajor glycoprotein of vascular endothelium. May play a critical role in the binding of endothelial cells to integrins and/or other RGD receptors.
Tissue specificityEndoglin is restricted to endothelial cells in all tissues except bone marrow.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ENG are the cause of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1 (HHT1) [MIM:187300, 108010]; also known as Osler-Rendu-Weber syndrome 1 (ORW1). HHT1 is an autosomal dominant multisystemic vascular dysplasia, characterized by recurrent epistaxis, muco-cutaneous telangiectases, gastro-intestinal hemorrhage, and pulmonary (PAVM), cerebral (CAVM) and hepatic arteriovenous malformations; all secondary manifestations of the underlying vascular dysplasia. Although the first symptom of HHT1 in children is generally nose bleed, there is an important clinical heterogeneity.
- Information by UniProt
- AI528660 antibody
- AI662476 antibody
- CD 105 antibody
ab53318 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Chen Y et al. MSC-Secreted Exosomal H19 Promotes Trophoblast Cell Invasion and Migration by Downregulating let-7b and Upregulating FOXO1. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 19:1237-1249 (2020). PubMed: 32069774
- Meng Q & Qiu B Exosomal MicroRNA-320a Derived From Mesenchymal Stem Cells Regulates Rheumatoid Arthritis Fibroblast-Like Synoviocyte Activation by Suppressing CXCL9 Expression. Front Physiol 11:441 (2020). PubMed: 32528301
- Dothel G et al. Ex vivo effect of vascular wall stromal cells secretome on enteric ganglia. World J Gastroenterol 25:4892-4903 (2019). PubMed: 31543681
- Packthongsuk K et al. Porcine Wharton's jelly cells distribute throughout the body after intraperitoneal injection. Stem Cell Res Ther 9:38 (2018). PubMed: 29444715
- Zhang Z et al. Inhibition of p38MAPK potentiates mesenchymal stem cell therapy against myocardial infarction injury in rats. Mol Med Rep 16:3489-3493 (2017). PubMed: 28713990