Key features and details
- FITC Rat monoclonal [M1/70] to CD11b
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameFITC Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70]
See all CD11b primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Rat monoclonal [M1/70] to CD11b
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityAlpha M subunit (Mr 170 kDa) of the CD11b/CD18 heterodimer.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit
Tissue/ cell preparation (Mouse): C57BL/10 mouse splenic T cells and concanavaline A-activated C57BL/10 splenocytes.
- BALB/c spleen cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab197701)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab197702)
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab197703)
- PerCP/Cy5.5® Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab210299)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab218786)
- PerCP Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab237025)
- violetFluor™ 450 Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab242266)
- PE Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab25175)
- redFluor™ 710 Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab253091)
- APC Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab25482)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab25533)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab79096)
- Anti-CD11b antibody [M1/70] (ab8878)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24874 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab136125 - Rat monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-M/beta-2 is implicated in various adhesive interactions of monocytes, macrophages and granulocytes as well as in mediating the uptake of complement-coated particles. It is identical with CR-3, the receptor for the iC3b fragment of the third complement component. It probably recognizes the R-G-D peptide in C3b. Integrin alpha-M/beta-2 is also a receptor for fibrinogen, factor X and ICAM1. It recognizes P1 and P2 peptides of fibrinogen gamma chain.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ITGAM has been associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 6 (SLEB6) [MIM:609939]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen CD11b (p170) antibody
- Antigen CD11b p170 antibody
- CD11 antigen like family member B antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of C57Bl/6 bone marrow cells labeling CD11b with ab24874 at 0.5µg (solid line), Rat IgG2b (FITC)isotype control (dashed line) at 0.5µg concentration.
ab24874 at 1 µg/106 cells staining BALB/c splenocytes. Cells were then double stained with Rat monoclonal [RB6-8C5] to Ly6g (Phycoerythrin) (ab24884). Lymphocytes were gated and analyzed by flow cytometry.
ab24874 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Dey R & Bishayi B Dexamethasone along with ciprofloxacin modulates S. aureus induced microglial inflammation via glucocorticoid (GC)-GC receptor-mediated pathway. Microb Pathog 145:104227 (2020). PubMed: 32360190
- Kawano T et al. Temporal and spatial profile of polymorphonuclear myeloid-derived suppressor cells (PMN-MDSCs) in ischemic stroke in mice. PLoS One 14:e0215482 (2019). PubMed: 31048856
- Benedicto A et al. CXCR4 receptor blockage reduces the contribution of tumor and stromal cells to the metastatic growth in the liver. Oncol Rep 39:2022-2030 (2018). PubMed: 29436696
- Karlen SJ et al. Monocyte infiltration rather than microglia proliferation dominates the early immune response to rapid photoreceptor degeneration. J Neuroinflammation 15:344 (2018). PubMed: 30553275
- Ruiz de Azua I et al. Adipocyte cannabinoid receptor CB1 regulates energy homeostasis and alternatively activated macrophages. J Clin Invest 127:4148-4162 (2017). PubMed: 29035280
- Bai YQ et al. Effects of the eukaryotic initiation factor 6 gene on expression levels of inflammatory mediators in M2 macrophages during scar repair. Mol Med Rep 14:819-24 (2016). PubMed: 27220600
- Liu T et al. Gr-1+CD11b+ cells facilitate Lewis lung cancer recurrence by enhancing neovasculature after local irradiation. Sci Rep 4:4833 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24776637
- Gil M et al. Surfactant Protein A Modulates Cell Surface Expression of CR3 on Alveolar Macrophages and Enhances CR3-mediated Phagocytosis. J Biol Chem 284:7495-504 (2009). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 19155216
- Flotte TJ et al. Dendritic cell and macrophage staining by monoclonal antibodies in tissue sections and epidermal sheets. Am J Pathol 111:112-24 (1983). PubMed: 6340516