Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [BU15] to CD11c
- Reacts with: Dog, Human, Cynomolgus monkey
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-CD11c antibody [BU15]
See all CD11c primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [BU15] to CD11c
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityThis antibody recognises the integrin alphax subunit, a 150kD glycoprotein expressed by macrophages, monocytes, granulocytes and NK cells. The antigen is also expressed by hairy cell leukaemia cells. Ligands for CD11c are ICAM 1, iC3b, and fibrinogen. The molecule has a role in mediating adherence of granulocytes and monocytes to endothelium and fibrinogen.
Species reactivityReacts with: Dog, Human, Cynomolgus monkey
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-X/beta-2 is a receptor for fibrinogen. It recognizes the sequence G-P-R in fibrinogen. It mediates cell-cell interaction during inflammatory responses. It is especially important in monocyte adhesion and chemotaxis.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in monocytes and granulocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- 95 alpha chain antibody
- 95 antibody
- CD 11c antibody
ab22540 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Langer S et al. HIV-1 Vpu is a potent transcriptional suppressor of NF-?B-elicited antiviral immune responses. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30717826
- Braun E et al. Guanylate-Binding Proteins 2 and 5 Exert Broad Antiviral Activity by Inhibiting Furin-Mediated Processing of Viral Envelope Proteins. Cell Rep 27:2092-2104.e10 (2019). PubMed: 31091448
- Rezzonico R et al. Ligation of CD11b and CD11c beta(2) integrins by antibodies or soluble CD23 induces macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha (MIP-1alpha) and MIP-1beta production in primary human monocytes through a pathway dependent on nuclear factor-kappaB. Blood 97:2932-40 (2001). PubMed: 11342414