Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [B-B38] to CD31
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-CD31 antibody [B-B38]
See all CD31 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [B-B38] to CD31
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length CD31 protein (Human).
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 19th June 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Purification notesConjugated from an Affinity purified culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27333 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionInduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis (By similarity). Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-690 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Isoform Delta15 is unable to protect against apoptosis. Modulates BDKRB2 activation. Regulates bradykinin- and hyperosmotic shock-induced ERK1/2 activation in human umbilical cord vein cells (HUVEC).
Tissue specificityExpressed on platelets and leukocytes and is primarily concentrated at the borders between endothelial cells. Isoform Long predominates in all tissues examined. Isoform Delta12 is detected only in trachea. Isoform Delta14-15 is only detected in lung. Isoform Delta14 is detected in all tissues examined with the strongest expression in heart. Isoform Delta15 is expressed in brain, testis, ovary, cell surface of platelets, human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), Jurkat T-cell leukemia, human erythroleukemia (HEL) and U937 histiocytic lymphoma cell lines (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
DomainThe Ig-like C2-type domains 2 and 3 contribute to formation of the complex with BDKRB2 and in regulation of its activity.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser and Tyr residues after cellular activation. In endothelial cells Fyn mediates mechanical-force (stretch or pull) induced tyrosine phosphorylation.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells and Cell junction. Localizes to the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and recycles from the LBRC to the junction in resting endothelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Adhesion molecule antibody
- CD31 antibody
- CD31 antigen antibody
ab27333 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Karakas N et al. Neurons from human mesenchymal stem cells display both spontaneous and stimuli responsive activity. PLoS One 15:e0228510 (2020). PubMed: 32407317
- Sikura KÉ et al. Potential Role of H-Ferritin in Mitigating Valvular Mineralization. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:413-431 (2019). PubMed: 30700131
- Zhu L et al. Spermine on Endothelial Extracellular Vesicles Mediates Smoking-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension Partially Through Calcium-Sensing Receptor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:482-495 (2019). PubMed: 30626206
- Avril M et al. Interaction between Endothelial Protein C Receptor and Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 1 to Mediate Binding of Plasmodium falciparum-Infected Erythrocytes to Endothelial Cells. MBio 7:N/A (2016). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 27406562
- Yuan SM et al. PDGFR-ß (+) perivascular cells from infantile hemangioma display the features of mesenchymal stem cells and show stronger adipogenic potential in vitro and in vivo. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:2861-70 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 25031705
- Pain A et al. Platelet-mediated clumping of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes is a common adhesive phenotype and is associated with severe malaria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1805-10 (2001). PubMed: 11172032