Key features and details
- FITC Armenian hamster monoclonal [HM40-3] to CD40
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgM
Product nameFITC Anti-CD40 antibody [HM40-3]
See all CD40 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Armenian hamster monoclonal [HM40-3] to CD40
Host speciesArmenian hamster
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
(BALB/c x NZB) F1 mouse-derived lymphoma WEHI-231 cells.
- Mouse BALB/c splenocytes
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.9% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95535 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5-1µg for 105-8 cells. Staining the cell sample in a final volume of 100µl is recommended.|
FunctionReceptor for TNFSF5/CD40LG.
Tissue specificityB-cells and in primary carcinomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD40 are the cause of hyper-IgM immunodeficiency syndrome type 3 (HIGM3) [MIM:606843]; also known as hyper-IgM syndrome 3. HIGM3 is an autosomal recessive disorder which includes an inability of B cells to undergo isotype switching, one of the final differentiation steps in the humoral immune system, an inability to mount an antibody-specific immune response, and a lack of germinal center formation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AI326936 antibody
- B cell associated molecule CD40 antibody
- B cell surface antigen CD40 antibody
ab95535 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ripoll È et al. CD40 gene silencing reduces the progression of experimental lupus nephritis modulating local milieu and systemic mechanisms. PLoS One 8:e65068 (2013). PubMed: 23799000
- Tucsek Z et al. Obesity in Aging Exacerbates Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption, Neuroinflammation, and Oxidative Stress in the Mouse Hippocampus: Effects on Expression of Genes Involved in Beta-Amyloid Generation and Alzheimer's Disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci : (2013). PubMed: 24269929
- Inaba K et al. The tissue distribution of the B7-2 costimulator in mice: abundant expression on dendritic cells in situ and during maturation in vitro. J Exp Med 180:1849-60 (1994). PubMed: 7525841