Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [B-F24] to CD44
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-CD44 antibody [B-F24]
See all CD44 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [B-F24] to CD44
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
U937 cell line
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 4th April 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.3
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Information by UniProt
- LHR antibody
- BA-1 antibody
- CD 44 antibody
ab27285 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. Downregulation of antidifferentiation noncoding RNA promotes chondrogenic differentiation and calcification of ligamentum flavum-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Biochem 120:3401-3414 (2019). PubMed: 30368870
- Du H et al. miR-601 inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion of prostate cancer stem cells by targeting KRT5 to inactivate the Wnt signaling pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:4361-4379 (2019). PubMed: 31933840
- Montazersaheb S et al. Prolonged incubation with Metformin decreased angiogenic potential in human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Biomed Pharmacother 108:1328-1337 (2018). PubMed: 30372835
- Wu R et al. Long non-coding RNA HIF1A-AS2 facilitates adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) osteogenic differentiation through miR-665/IL6 axis via PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther 9:348 (2018). PubMed: 30545407
- Xing X et al. Differentiation of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells into steroidogenic cells in vitro. Exp Ther Med 12:3527-3534 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 28105086
- Hamada T et al. Surface markers and gene expression to characterize the differentiation of monolayer expanded human articular chondrocytes. Nagoya J Med Sci 75:101-11 (2013). PubMed: 23544273
- Ylagan LR et al. Cd44: a marker of squamous differentiation in adenosquamous neoplasms. Arch Pathol Lab Med 124:212-5 (2000). PubMed: 10656728