Key features and details
- FITC Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameFITC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Specificityab25676 recognises CD8a
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.142% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25176)
- PE/Texas Red® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25498)
- APC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25499)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab272343)
- Cy5 ® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39850)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39853)
- APC/Cy5.5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab82005)
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab25676 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Müller-Graff FT et al. Impact of hyperglycemia on autoimmune pancreatitis and regulatory T-cells. World J Gastroenterol 24:3120-3129 (2018). PubMed: 30065558
- Liu J et al. Inhibition of CXCR4 by MicroRNA-1192 Reduces the Activation of Th17 Cells and Expression of Inflammation Factors in a Mouse Model of Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:893-910 (2018). PubMed: 30355939