Key features and details
- FITC Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameFITC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Specificityab25676 recognises CD8a
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.142% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25176)
- PE/Texas Red® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25498)
- APC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25499)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab272343)
- Cy5 ® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39850)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39853)
- APC/Cy5.5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab82005)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab95588)
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab25676 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Müller-Graff FT et al. Impact of hyperglycemia on autoimmune pancreatitis and regulatory T-cells. World J Gastroenterol 24:3120-3129 (2018). PubMed: 30065558
- Liu J et al. Inhibition of CXCR4 by MicroRNA-1192 Reduces the Activation of Th17 Cells and Expression of Inflammation Factors in a Mouse Model of Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:893-910 (2018). PubMed: 30355939