Product nameFITC Conjugation Kit - Lightning-Link®
See all FITC kits
FITC Conjugation Kit / FITC Labeling Kit ab102884 uses a simple and quick process for FITC labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
We recommend FITC Conjugation Kit ab188285 as an alternative this kit using a faster, newer protocol.
To conjugate an antibody to FITC using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 3 hrs
- add quencher and incubate for 30 mins
The FITC conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to FITC.
Custom size conjugation kits up to 100 mg are available on demand. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® Fluorescein Labeling Kit. 707-0005 is the same as the 100 µg size. 707-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 707-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 707-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to FITC
amount of antibody1
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg
3 x 10 µg
3 x 20 µg
3 x 10 µL
1 x 100 µg
1 x 200 µg
1 x 100 µL
3 x 100 µg
3 x 100 µg
3 x 200 µg
3 x 100 µL
1 x 1 mg
1 x 2 mg
1 x 1 mL
1 Using the maximum amount of antibody may result in less labelling per antibody.
2 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 5mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Conjugationmore details
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg ab274132 - FITC mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg ab274106 - Modifier reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab274133 - Quencher reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102884 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Conjugation||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
ab102884 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Micheva-Viteva SN et al. Increased Mortality in Mice following Immunoprophylaxis Therapy with High Dosage of Nicotinamide in Burkholderia Persistent Infections. Infect Immun 87:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30323029
- Zhdanov DD et al. Murine regulatory T cells induce death of effector T, B, and NK lymphocytes through a contact-independent mechanism involving telomerase suppression and telomere-associated senescence. Cell Immunol 331:146-160 (2018). PubMed: 29935763
- Li Q et al. Megalin mediates plasma membrane to mitochondria cross-talk and regulates mitochondrial metabolism. Cell Mol Life Sci 75:4021-4040 (2018). PubMed: 29916093
- Weagel EG et al. Biomarker analysis and clinical relevance of TK1 on the cell membrane of Burkitt's lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Onco Targets Ther 10:4355-4367 (2017). PubMed: 28919785
- Apostolou P et al. Evaluation of a simple method for storage of blood samples that enables isolation of circulating tumor cells 96 h after sample collection. J Biol Res (Thessalon) 24:11 (2017). PubMed: 28975085