Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody [C-04]
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [C-04] to Cytokeratin 18
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Cytoskeleton preparation of epidermal carcinoma cell line A431.
- HCT116 cell line
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPrior to conjugation, the antibody was purified by Protein A affinity chromatography. The purified antibody is conjugated with Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) under optimum conditions. The reagent is free of unconjugated FITC. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52459 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
(in a 100µl cell suspension)
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab52459 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52459, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 (FITC) (2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ICC/IF image of ab52459 stained HCT116 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52459, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab52459 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Chen KL et al. SIRT7 Regulates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Injury by Suppressing the NF-?B Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:3187972 (2019). PubMed: 31285783
- Crowell PD et al. Expansion of Luminal Progenitor Cells in the Aging Mouse and Human Prostate. Cell Rep 28:1499-1510.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31390564
- Chen J et al. The Potential of the FSP1cre-Pparb/d-/- Mouse Model for Studying Juvenile NAFLD. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31618976
- Hu B et al. Induction of Chemerin on Autophagy and Apoptosis in Dairy Cow Mammary Epithelial Cells. Animals (Basel) 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31640289
- Zhou YF et al. Methionine and choline supply alter transmethylation, transsulfuration, and cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine pathways to different extents in isolated primary liver cells from dairy cows. J Dairy Sci 101:11384-11395 (2018). PubMed: 30316602
- Liew PX et al. iNKT Cells Orchestrate a Switch from Inflammation to Resolution of Sterile Liver Injury. Immunity 47:752-765.e5 (2017). PubMed: 29045904
- Rando G et al. Glucocorticoid receptor-PPARa axis in fetal mouse liver prepares neonates for milk lipid catabolism. Elife 5:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27367842
- Chauchereau A et al. Stemness markers characterize IGR-CaP1, a new cell line derived from primary epithelial prostate cancer. Exp Cell Res 317:262-75 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 20974126