Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [1022-5] to Iba1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameFITC Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5]
See all Iba1 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [1022-5] to Iba1
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Iba1.
Database link: P55008
- Flow Cytometry: THP-1 cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15691 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
ab91368 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionActin-binding protein that enhances membrane ruffling and RAC activation. Enhances the actin-bundling activity of LCP1. Binds calcium. Plays a role in RAC signaling and in phagocytosis. May play a role in macrophage activation and function. Promotes the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and of T-lymphocytes. Enhances lymphocyte migration. Plays a role in vascular inflammation.
Tissue specificityDetected in T-lymphocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Associated with the actin cytoskeleton at membrane ruffles and at sites of phagocytosis.
- Information by UniProt
- AIF 1 antibody
- AIF-1 antibody
- Aif1 antibody
Overlay histogram showing THP-1 (human monocytic leukemia cell line) cells stained with ab15691 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 minutes) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 minutes. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15691, 10 µl/1 x 106 cells) for 30 minutes at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b (FITC) (ab91368, 10 µl/1 x 106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in THP-1 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 minutes)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab15691 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Trkov Bobnar S et al. Fingolimod Suppresses the Proinflammatory Status of Interferon-?-Activated Cultured Rat Astrocytes. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30701416
- Lei J et al. Maternal dendrimer-based therapy for inflammation-induced preterm birth and perinatal brain injury. Sci Rep 7:6106 (2017). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 28733619
- Li C et al. Inhibitory Effects of Scolopendra Pharmacopuncture on the Development and Maintenance of Neuropathic Pain in Rats: Possible Involvement of Spinal Glial Cells. J Acupunct Meridian Stud 8:236-44 (2015). PubMed: 26433800
- Tucsek Z et al. Obesity in Aging Exacerbates Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption, Neuroinflammation, and Oxidative Stress in the Mouse Hippocampus: Effects on Expression of Genes Involved in Beta-Amyloid Generation and Alzheimer's Disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci : (2013). PubMed: 24269929
- Schluesener HJ et al. Effects of autoantigen and dexamethasone treatment on expression of endothelial-monocyte activating polypeptide II and allograft-inflammatory factor-1 by activated macrophages and microglial cells in lesions of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, neuritis and uveitis. Acta Neuropathol (Berl) 97:119-26 (1999). PubMed: 9928822
- Schluesener HJ et al. Allograft-inflammatory factor-1 in rat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, neuritis, and uveitis: expression by activated macrophages and microglial cells. Glia 24:244-51 (1998). PubMed: 9728770