Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [AK7] to Integrin alpha 2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Monkey
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameFITC Anti-Integrin alpha 2 antibody [AK7]
See all Integrin alpha 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [AK7] to Integrin alpha 2
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Specificityab30486 recognises the integrin alpha 2 subunit, which is a 160kD glycoprotein that non covalently associates with the 130kD integrin beta 1 subunit (CD29) to form the VLA2 complex.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Monkey
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30486 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-2/beta-1 is a receptor for laminin, collagen, collagen C-propeptides, fibronectin and E-cadherin. It recognizes the proline-hydroxylated sequence G-F-P-G-E-R in collagen. It is responsible for adhesion of platelets and other cells to collagens, modulation of collagen and collagenase gene expression, force generation and organization of newly synthesized extracellular matrix.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainThe integrin I-domain (insert) is a VWFA domain. Integrins with I-domains do not undergo protease cleavage.
- Information by UniProt
- BR antibody
- CD 49b antibody
- CD49 antigen like family member B antibody
ab30486 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Hellevik T et al. Cancer-associated fibroblasts from human NSCLC survive ablative doses of radiation but their invasive capacity is reduced. Radiat Oncol 7:59 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22500976
- Ingenito EP et al. Autologous lung-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in experimental emphysema. Cell Transplant 21:175-89 (2012). PubMed: 21294955
- Ingenito EP et al. Design and testing of biological scaffolds for delivering reparative cells to target sites in the lung. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 4:259-72 (2010). PubMed: 20020503