Key features and details
- FITC Rat monoclonal [7/4] to Neutrophil
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameFITC Anti-Neutrophil antibody [7/4]
See all Neutrophil primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Rat monoclonal [7/4] to Neutrophil
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityRat anti mouse Ly-6B.2, clone 7/4 recognizes the Ly-6B.2 antigen in 129J; AKR; C57BL/6; C57BL/10; C58; DBA/2; NZB; NZW; SJL; MFI; Swiss (PO) strains. A2G; A/Sn; ASW; BALB/c; C3H/HEH: CBA.T6T6 are negative or demonstrate very weak reactivity.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue/ cell preparation: cultured bone marrow cells.
EpitopeRecognizes the Ly-6B.2 antigen.
- Flow Cyt.: New Zealand Black mouse peripheral blood granulocytes.
ab53453 recognizes the Ly-6B.2 antigen. Ly-6B.2 is a ~25-30 kDa GPI-anchored, heavily glycosylated protein expressed on neutrophils, inflammatory monocytes and some activated macrophages. High levels of expression are seen in bone marrow, spleen, lung and lymph nodes. N-glycanase treatment of thioglycollate elicited peritoneal neutrophil lysates lowers the apparent molecular weight of Ly-6B.2 to ~15 kDa.
ab53453 has been successfully used for the immunomagnetic depletion of neutrophils during the enrichment of primitive hematopoietic cells from bone marrow and the depletion of myeloid cells in vivo.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
Primary antibody notesab53453 recognises a neutrophil allotypic marker, a polymorphic 40kD antigen expressed by polymorphonuclear cells, but absent on resident tissue macrophages.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53453 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use 10µl of the working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Cellular localizationCell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor
- Entrez Gene: 110453 Mouse
- Ly-6B antibody
- Ly6b antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 6B antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 6B Short name=Ly-6B antibody
ab53453 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Kang L et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps released by neutrophils impair revascularization and vascular remodeling after stroke. Nat Commun 11:2488 (2020). PubMed: 32427863
- Hensel JA et al. Characterization of immune cell subtypes in three commonly used mouse strains reveals gender and strain-specific variations. Lab Invest 99:93-106 (2019). PubMed: 30353130
- Esposito E et al. Brain-to-cervical lymph node signaling after stroke. Nat Commun 10:5306 (2019). PubMed: 31757960
- Csepregi JZ et al. Myeloid-Specific Deletion of Mcl-1 Yields Severely Neutropenic Mice That Survive and Breed in Homozygous Form. J Immunol 201:3793-3803 (2018). PubMed: 30464050
- Halim TYF et al. Tissue-Restricted Adaptive Type 2 Immunity Is Orchestrated by Expression of the Costimulatory Molecule OX40L on Group 2 Innate Lymphoid Cells. Immunity 48:1195-1207.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29907525