Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [MAC387] to S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Baboon, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex) antibody [MAC387]
See all S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex) primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [MAC387] to S100A9 + Calprotectin (S100A8/A9 complex)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityThis antibody recognises the L1 or Calprotectin molecule, an intracytoplasmic antigen comprised of a 12kD alpha chain and a 14kD beta chain. The antigen is expressed by granulocytes, monocytes and tissue macrophages. Variable results have been reported for staining brain macrophages and microglia.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Baboon, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
Fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) isomer 1.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7429 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application.
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
ab7429 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Monteiro LN et al. Tumour-associated macrophages: Relation with progression and invasiveness, and assessment of M1/M2 macrophages in canine mammary tumours. Vet J 234:119-125 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29680383
- Burwitz BJ et al. Technical advance: liposomal alendronate depletes monocytes and macrophages in the nonhuman primate model of human disease. J Leukoc Biol 96:491-501 (2014). PubMed: 24823811
- Gutierrez M et al. The detection of CD2+, CD4+, CD8+, and WC1+ T lymphocytes, B cells and macrophages in fixed and paraffin embedded bovine tissue using a range of antigen recovery and signal amplification techniques. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 71:321-34 (1999). PubMed: 10587310
- Brandtzaeg P et al. The leucocyte protein L1 (calprotectin): usefulness as an immunohistochemical marker antigen and putative biological function. Histopathology 21:191-6 (1992). PubMed: 1505941
- Brandtzaeg P et al. Mac 387 antibody and detection of formalin resistant myelomonocytic L1 antigen. J Clin Pathol 41:963-70 (1988). PubMed: 3056988
- Flavell DJ et al. Identification of tissue histiocytes on paraffin sections by a new monoclonal antibody. J Histochem Cytochem 35:1217-26 (1987). PubMed: 3309045
- Taraballi F et al. Biomimetic collagenous scaffold to tune inflammation by targeting macrophages. J Tissue Eng 7:2041731415624667 (0). IHC . PubMed: 26977285