Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [T2.5] to TLR2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-TLR2 antibody [T2.5]
See all TLR2 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [T2.5] to TLR2
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Mouse TLR2 peptide.
- Flow Cyt: RAW264.7 and THP-1 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59711 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCooperates with LY96 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipoproteins and other microbial cell wall components. Cooperates with TLR1 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipoproteins or lipopeptides. Acts via MYD88 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. May also promote apoptosis in response to lipoproteins. Recognizes mycoplasmal macrophage-activating lipopeptide-2kD (MALP-2), soluble tuberculosis factor (STF), phenol-soluble modulin (PSM) and B.burgdorferi outer surface protein A lipoprotein (OspA-L) cooperatively with TLR6.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in peripheral blood leukocytes, in particular in monocytes, in bone marrow, lymph node and in spleen. Also detected in lung and in fetal liver. Levels are low in other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 14 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
modificationsGlycosylation of Asn-442 is critical for secretion of the N-terminal ectodomain of TLR2.
- Information by UniProt
- CD282 antibody
- CD282 antigen antibody
- TIL 4 antibody
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab59711 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59711, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 FITC (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in THP1 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab59711 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Moretti IF et al. Plasmatic membrane toll-like receptor expressions in human astrocytomas. PLoS One 13:e0199211 (2018). PubMed: 29912993
- Sun W et al. Crosstalk between TLR2 and Sphk1 in microglia in the cerebral ischemia/reperfusion-induced inflammatory response. Int J Mol Med 40:1750-1758 (2017). PubMed: 29039449
- Liao K et al. Cocaine-mediated induction of microglial activation involves the ER stress-TLR2 axis. J Neuroinflammation 13:33 (2016). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 26860188
- Deng S et al. Effects of over-expression of TLR2 in transgenic goats on pathogen clearance and role of up-regulation of lysozyme secretion and infiltration of inflammatory cells. BMC Vet Res 8:196 (2012). PubMed: 23082910
- Selejan S et al. Ischaemia-induced up-regulation of Toll-like receptor 2 in circulating monocytes in cardiogenic shock. Eur Heart J 33:1085-94 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 21998404
- Ambarus CA et al. Soluble Immune Complexes Shift the TLR-Induced Cytokine Production of Distinct Polarized Human Macrophage Subsets towards IL-10. PLoS One 7:e35994 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22563430