Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [TL2.1] to TLR2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameFITC Anti-TLR2 antibody [TL2.1]
See all TLR2 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [TL2.1] to TLR2
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
CHO cells transfected with human TLR2 cDNA
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.121% Tris, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 1µg for 106 cells.
Use 1µg for 106 cells.
FunctionCooperates with LY96 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipoproteins and other microbial cell wall components. Cooperates with TLR1 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipoproteins or lipopeptides. Acts via MYD88 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. May also promote apoptosis in response to lipoproteins. Recognizes mycoplasmal macrophage-activating lipopeptide-2kD (MALP-2), soluble tuberculosis factor (STF), phenol-soluble modulin (PSM) and B.burgdorferi outer surface protein A lipoprotein (OspA-L) cooperatively with TLR6.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in peripheral blood leukocytes, in particular in monocytes, in bone marrow, lymph node and in spleen. Also detected in lung and in fetal liver. Levels are low in other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 14 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
modificationsGlycosylation of Asn-442 is critical for secretion of the N-terminal ectodomain of TLR2.
- Information by UniProt
- CD282 antibody
- CD282 antigen antibody
- TIL 4 antibody
ab13553 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Sahasrabudhe NM et al. Dietary Fiber Pectin Directly Blocks Toll-Like Receptor 2-1 and Prevents Doxorubicin-Induced Ileitis. Front Immunol 9:383 (2018). PubMed: 29545800
- Tolouei S et al. TLR2 and TLR4 in cutaneous leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania major. Scand J Immunol 78:478-84 (2013). PubMed: 23980810
- Burgener IA & Jungi TW Antibodies specific for human or murine Toll-like receptors detect canine leukocytes by flow cytometry. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 124:184-91 (2008). PubMed: 18439687
- Do JE et al. Effects of vitamin D on expression of Toll-like receptors of monocytes from patients with Behcet's disease. Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:840-8 (2008). PubMed: 18411217
- Mandron M et al. Age-related differences in sensitivity of peripheral blood monocytes to lipopolysaccharide and Staphylococcus aureus toxin B in atopic dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol 128:882-9 (2008). PubMed: 17960185