Product nameAnti-FKBP51 antibody
See all FKBP51 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FKBP51
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Non human primates
- WB: HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035). K562, HepG2, PC-3 and MCF7 nuclear enriched extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa. By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~51 kDa protein representing FKBP 51 in HeLa cell lysate. By Western blot this antibody also detects FKBP 51 in whole tissue extracts from rat kidney and rat and mouse testes.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20422297|
FunctionInteracts with functionally mature heterooligomeric progesterone receptor complexes along with HSP90 and TEBP.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, enriched in testis compared to other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 PPIase FKBP-type domains.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- 51 kDa FK506 binding protein 5 antibody
- 51 kDa FK506 binding protein antibody
- 51 kDa FK506-binding protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-FKBP51 antibody (ab2901) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : K562 (human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line from bone marrow) nuclear enriched extract
Lane 2 : HepG2 (human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) nuclear enriched extract
Lane 3 : PC-3 (human prostate adenocarcinoma cell line) nuclear enriched extract
Lane 4 : MCF7 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) nuclear enriched extract
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/2500 dilution
Approximately 51 and 45 kDa bands corresponding to FKBP51 were observed across cell lines tested
Anti-FKBP51 antibody (ab2901) at 2 µg/ml + HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell lysate
This product has been referenced in:
- Hadamitzky M et al. Repeated Systemic Treatment with Rapamycin Affects Behavior and Amygdala Protein Expression in Rats. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 21:592-602 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29462337) »
- Criado-Marrero M et al. Dynamic expression of FKBP5 in the medial prefrontal cortex regulates resiliency to conditioned fear. Learn Mem 24:145-152 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28298552) »